The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë

Post by JessNWheeler »

“She, however, attentively watched my looks, and her artist's pride was gratified, no doubt, to read my heartfelt admiration in my eyes.”
Anne Brontë is the underrated Brontë sister. Of course, this is my personal opinion and I welcome respectful debate. Everyone has heard of (and probably read) her sisters' novels. Have you read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë? Did you love it? Hate it? I absolutely love it. I love the characters, the plot, and the setting. Helen Graham is a strong, inspiring character. At the risk of sounding overdramatic, I must admit that Helen's experiences changed the way I live my life. I would appreciate hearing your opinion. And if you've never read the novel I hope that you will consider reading it.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

JessNWheeler wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 15:08 “She, however, attentively watched my looks, and her artist's pride was gratified, no doubt, to read my heartfelt admiration in my eyes.”
Anne Brontë is the underrated Brontë sister. Of course, this is my personal opinion and I welcome respectful debate. Everyone has heard of (and probably read) her sisters' novels. Have you read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë? Did you love it? Hate it? I absolutely love it. I love the characters, the plot, and the setting. Helen Graham is a strong, inspiring character. At the risk of sounding overdramatic, I must admit that Helen's experiences changed the way I live my life. I would appreciate hearing your opinion. And if you've never read the novel I hope that you will consider reading it.
Not only have I not read this book, but I also don't think I have ever heard of it. You make it sound like a worthy read. Thank you for the suggestion!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by khaulah »

I have read it and it is one of my favourite classic books😍. I love her writing style and the characters in the book. The plot was so good. It raised the question of what if the husband is abusive at a time when women's problems were mostly overlooked.
chikara312
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikara312.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by chikara312 »

This is a fantastic novel. All of the Bronte sisters had a unique and dark command of storytelling. It pulled my heartstrings, quickened my heartbeat and kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. Helen is a masterful written character. This book does not get the attention and praise it deserves.

Return to “Classic Books”