"The Good Soldier Švejk "

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gani Sh
Bookshelf Size: 0

"The Good Soldier Švejk "

Post by Gani Sh »

if you want to enjoy a classic, i would recommend "The Good Soldier Švejk " by Jaroslav Hašek. Once you start, you would not want to put it down. You will see how a common man mocks the Austro-Hungarian empire and of course the so called the Great War, or World War !.
The Irmuun
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by The Irmuun »

The first time I read this book, as a teenager, I could not see the point. So I put it down without finishing it. Now I see it as one of the great books. The character of Svejk is straight out of folklore. He is the foolish man who somehow kills the giant, gets the princess and claims the gold. Except that here is no fairy tale, but a story of war and a story of bureaucrats and officialdom.
ShannonGibson

Post by ShannonGibson »

Thank you for giving a brief introduction about the book named "The Good Soldier Švejk " . Now I am really interested to go through the book. Is the story folk tale or a classic novel ? Is it recommended for the children's. Please reply for this.
Gani Sh

Post by Gani Sh »

It is a classic. No, it is not recommended to children.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

Thank you for the introduction, I have been meaning to read this book.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden

Return to “Classic Books”