A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kmallen
Currently Reading: Jane Steele
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott

Post by Kmallen »

For those who know and love her for "Little Woman", Louisa May Alcott will shock and astound you with "A Long Fatal Love Chase". A far cry from the tender family dynamic of "Little Women" and coming of age trials, "A Long Fatal Love Chase" deals with lies, deceit, obsession, and an intense story line that twists and turns throughout the novel and across Europe. The readers heart is always with our dear heroine Rosamond as she grows from a young orphan girl who wants love and adventure to a survival driven woman who relies on her cunning wit and the assistance of new friends to escape her once thought of savior. Though this novel was written two years before "Little Women" was published, the manuscript was only brought to the mainstream spotlight in 1995. Since then it has been under the radar in terms of works by a well known classic writer and in the roman genre, but the read was worth the 129 year wait. The conclusion at the end is not what you expect, and though sad and solemn, looking back I feel it was the only way Rosamond could ever really find peace.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I really wanted to love this novel but I found it to be just an okay book. The plot is intriguing but it didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe it's because I found it really hard to relate to the main character and to not blame her for everything she ends up going through.
Blythe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blythe.html

Post by Blythe »

I didn't know about this book. I actually want to pick it up now. The whole Little Women series was one of my favorites growing up.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Kmallen wrote: 02 Aug 2016, 15:26 For those who know and love her for "Little Woman", Louisa May Alcott will shock and astound you with "A Long Fatal Love Chase". A far cry from the tender family dynamic of "Little Women" and coming of age trials, "A Long Fatal Love Chase" deals with lies, deceit, obsession, and an intense story line that twists and turns throughout the novel and across Europe. The readers heart is always with our dear heroine Rosamond as she grows from a young orphan girl who wants love and adventure to a survival driven woman who relies on her cunning wit and the assistance of new friends to escape her once thought of savior. Though this novel was written two years before "Little Women" was published, the manuscript was only brought to the mainstream spotlight in 1995. Since then it has been under the radar in terms of works by a well known classic writer and in the roman genre, but the read was worth the 129 year wait. The conclusion at the end is not what you expect, and though sad and solemn, looking back I feel it was the only way Rosamond could ever really find peace.
It was quite a shock. It took me a while to decide whether to read it or not, but I am glad I did despite the sad ending.

Return to “Classic Books”