The Three Musketeers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

The Three Musketeers

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The Three Musketeers is a very widely known classic that almost everyone has heard about. After reading this classic by Alexandre Dumas I have to say this book was thoroughly entertaining, it never got boring even though it is a fairly long book. One thing I disliked about the book is the fact that there is almost no female characters that are portrayed in a positive light. The female characters are either evil or stupid. Also the musketeers are supposed to be gentlemen yet they also treat the women poorly. If you are going to read this book then I suggest you try not to take it too seriously otherwise the portrayal of the women will surely make you dislike the whole story. I would give this book 3 stars out of 5.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

The Three Musketeers
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Classic Books”