The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
millcreekmud
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Review

Post by millcreekmud »

Before reading the book, I first watched The Great Gatsby movie. Like many others, I was lured in by Leonardo DiCaprio's stunning and flawless acting. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, so I thought why not try reading the book? So I decided to give the book a shot, and I am so glad I did. It completely blew me away. I never thought a book written in the 1920's could capture my attention quite like this one did.

The Great Gatsby takes place during the 1920's in New York, and it is narrated by the character Nick Carraway. Nick just moved in to a small cottage right next door to a man named Gatsby's enormous mansion. Gatsby is known all around New York for not just being a millionaire, but also for throwing the biggest and best parties every Saturday night, yet Gatsby himself is somewhat mysterious. No one has ever seen him, and no one knows anything about him. One day Nick gets an invitation from Gatsby to come to one of his parties, and he meets Gatsby for the first time. The two become friends but Nick starts to wonder why Gatsby is trying so hard and doing so many nice things for him. He soon learns that its because Gatsby wants Nick to invite his cousin Daisy over for tea. It turns out, Gatsby and Daisy were in love years ago, but Gatsby went off to war and Daisy got married. They hadn't seen or spoken to each other in nearly 5 years, but they had never forgotten about each other. When Gatsby found out that Nick and Daisy were cousins, he new he had to find way to see her again.

If you liked this movie, you will LOVE the book. Even if you haven't seen the movie, read the book because it is amazing! Fitzgerald has an incredible way of hypnotizing you with his words. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.

Return to “Classic Books”