Little Women

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Re: Little Women

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

It on my TBR for years. I'm excited to give this book a try. Hope so I'll pick this book soon.
ida OEzatli
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ida OEzatli »

One of my favorite books of all time .As simple it is i think it teaches you a lot of lessons of life and what you are capable of .This is one of my personel favorite books and I think everybody should read this once in their lives
Makenjjik

Post by Makenjjik »

Little Women was the first book I've ever had and fallen for. I got it when I was 15 from my grandmother and it totally turned me into a bookworm. I might be a bit bias here, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that Little Women gave us all the emotions. Happiness, pleasure, excitement, grief, and sadness. It's a well rounded book that taught me to love more than anything and to dream more than everything.
Majd Ali
Currently Reading: The Best Is Yet to Come
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majd-ali.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by Majd Ali »

I read this book as I was young and I read it again before two when the movie was on show. My first time reading it, I really enjoyed the character of Jo March, an independent woman and a great writer, and hated Amy March for her selfish act. Later on, when reading it again as an adult, my view changed. Jo March gained much but lost much as well. Her decisions might have been wrong. While, Amy March, on the other hand, was a character who knew what she wanted and took the right decision, maybe?
nina soledad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-soledad.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by nina soledad »

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott is the very first book that i have read, although the abridged format. Nonetheless, this is the book that made me like reading. I like the story because i find it relatable. I also like Jo and i also envied Aunt March's library. This book also made me cry. I felt sad about Beth. On a more happier note, i rooted for Jo and Laurence, but i am still happy that he ended up with Amy.
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

i eagerly wany to read the book but we don't have it in my country and we don't have international delivery in my country"third world problems" i want to watch the movie as well but we don't have e-payment also, if anyone has the pdf version of it, you would be making very very happy if you could send it to me
Gloria Kaszyczky
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-kaszyczky.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Gloria Kaszyczky »

Little Women is one of my favourite books and I have read it many times because it never gets old and it always gives me an amazing feeling of love, friendship and refuge. I love the strong female characters portraited in the book, I love to see how they grow and how they become independent, I love the bond of the March sisters and how they share experiences and thoughts. My personal favourite is Jo, since I see myself in her, I love literature and I love how she wants to create herself and wants people to know her for who she is as a woman. In my opinion she is one of the best characters Alcott has ever created!
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

One of my favourite books!!! I loved Jo and the rest's mother, such a strong and empowering character. A very heartwarming book.
James Opolot
Favorite Author: Ken Rusk
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 23
fav_author_id: 216032

Post by James Opolot »

My little sister is in love with this book particularly does reads it daily and I'm getting deeper with it on my free time as well
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

This book teaches one a lot about family. One of the best books I have read.
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

Little Women is one of the first classic books I ever read as a teenager. Jo was my heroine because she was strong and independent. The bond between the sisters made me slightly envious and I longed to be a member of their family. They always made the best of their lot and always had fun. I also enjoyed Good Wives which was the follow-up to Little Women. I will always have a place in my heart for this novel and still read it from time to time.
obszar23

Post by obszar23 »

I really love Little Women! I decided to read this book after I had the pleasure to watch the movie and i'm totally obsessed with these stories about 4 girls and their lives. My favourites are Jo and Laurie. I have to admit that two last books (Little Men and Jo's Boys) are not as great as previous books, but in my opinion are worth to read. The changes of lives and personalities are amazing. Amy is definitely my soulmate because of becoming a painter which was my dream job and propably still is. Also i am similar to Jo because of her hobby which was reading a lot of books, so i really like to describe myself using these two characters and i feel special :)
Malsim128

Post by Malsim128 »

I read this book for the first time this year, and I enjoyed it. I had never watched the movie either, so I read the book with absolutely no idea what it was about or what would happen. I think it’s a beautiful coming of age novel for women. I enjoyed the completely different personalities of all the sisters. It gives each person a chance to favorite a certain sister that they feel they have the most in common with. I give the book 7/10.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I have read a lot about this book but I'm yet to read the book. I love the reviews I'm seeing concerning the book. Can't wait to read it.
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I will never get over Jo's end speech. She is indeed much more of a person than they treated her. But at the same time, trying not to be someone's wife or lover, she felt lonely. It is just one of those lines which will never leave my heart.

Return to “Classic Books”