Flowers in the Attic and Petals in the Wind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
myfans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Flowers in the Attic and Petals in the Wind

Post by myfans »

VC Andrews was the first author that got me into reading ...It started with FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC was mind blowing at every page ...If There Be Thorns,Petals In The Wind,Seeds Of Yesterday,Sweet Audrina,Heaven etc...wonderfully entertaing...
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

jacksparly wrote: 03 Feb 2014, 07:13 Flowers seem to be very beautiful and fills colour in life when seen regularly...Flowers in the Attic is a nice book nice and interesting...
I do not believe that you have ever read these books or seen the movies. I attempted to read the book Flowers In The Attic and found that it was quite scary and that the morals that I had been taught were not taught to these children. I also found the movie to be very disturbing, even though I watched it as an adult.

These books deal with child abuse in a form that no parent with any caring at all can imagine. I would not describe this as nice and find that the title was completely a play on words.
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Can't remember where I was or when I asked, but I was on a forum and asked for some reading recommendations for the summer. Someone suggest the Flowers in the Attic series. Fortunately, at the time, I understood how web search worked and did a quick search on the synopsis.

To say the least, I was turned off.
Felicia Shelton
Favorite Author: B.S.M. Stoneking
Favorite Book: Capture's Temperance
Currently Reading: The Scotch Queen
Bookshelf Size: 532
fav_author_id: 80995

Post by Felicia Shelton »

I absolutely love this series. I love the movies and books. Hands down the book series is amazing. They have came out with Chris’s point of view that is in diary form. Was totally worth the read. Any and every she has written is amazing. I really found the Heaven series very interesting because it ties right into all the others in the series. I always keep The Flowers in the Attic in my night stand for a late night read.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I read “Flowers in the Attic” when I was much younger, and I found many aspects of it very disturbing. The themes of abuse, rape and incest in the book were a bit too much for me.
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

I read Flowers in the Attic when I was a teenager at a time when I read any book I would lay my hands on. Seriously, I was disturbed by some aspects of the story. I was unhappy that the children had to go through such an ordeal when it is no fault of theirs in the first place. I can't remember if I finished reading the whole book because some years back, I started looking for a copy of the book but haven't find one yet.

Return to “Classic Books”