Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Re: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Post by Yicheng Liu »

It's definitely one of the books that I had enjoyed as a kid and still found enjoyment in rereading it as an adult.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

Another book that's been on my list for a long time. I think I just decided I am going to read this next!
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

I read it when I was 12 years old. Now I don't remember how it was like. But I will try it again.
KarlaE89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karlae89.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by KarlaE89 »

Being an avid reader, I was dumbfounded when I realized last year that I had never actually read Alice in Wonderland. Upon this self-discovery, I immediately purchased the book. I was only two pages in when I understood the magic and appeal of this book. I found myself at a crossroads to devour the book in one sitting, or to digest the book slowly in an effort to truly soak up Carrol's mood. In the end, my impatience won and I was done reading in two days. With that being said, I do need to go back and re-read this book again to really absorb the themes and characters. I highly recommend this book and now have a better understanding of people's obsession with Wonderland.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I have read this and i daresay i didn't liked it very much.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

The first time I finished the book, I was like "wow, people weren't joking when they said Lewis Carroll was high when he wrote this". Although the story was certainly confusing, I ended up enjoying it a lot and decided against reading too much into the metaphors.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
ros_12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ros_12 »

Alice and the Wonderland was one of my favorite story that I've read before...different emotions will bring out the inner you. It was an intensifiable every words in it
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

I read it when I was in class-5 and I loved it. I can say that I became a book lover only because of this book.
Chloe_01

Post by Chloe_01 »

This book is lovely the way the author put layers and layers of wonderful words that describe what's happening. :techie-studyingbrown:
Angel_di_Angelo

Post by Angel_di_Angelo »

It's a very lovely book and I wish I could find it again. It was a fantastic book to read when i was a kid. I would read it and go off into my own little world where I got to play as Alice and my stuffed animals were the other characters. I miss being able to be that innocent.
Beatrice_45

Post by Beatrice_45 »

* Spoiler alert*
I onestly think that the book is well-written, expecially the poems are amazing: some are extremely funny, strange and controversial, others can seem more serious and pretty realistics in the descriptions , but, after all, they're only a distorted representation of our reality. Also the book itself represents the transition from the childhood to the adulthood and all the consequences that it causes: Alice, at the beginning, is a frightened little girl who cries for nothing and that can't handle difficult situations with rationality, but, during her trip, she learns how hard the life could be, how fake and superb some of the creatures are and she starts to think and act just like an adult (for example she notices how ridiculous and no-sense are Heart's Queen's sentences of death). I personally advice this book to everyone, I enjoyed it and Alice's adventures signed an important part of my life.
Also Lewis Carroll is a genius and in this book we can discover some important traits about his personality.
(I want to make my apologies for my bad English, I've done my best).
nomnombooks
Currently Reading: Die Uhr, die nicht tickt
Bookshelf Size: 491
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomnombooks.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by nomnombooks »

Alice in Wonderland is a beautiful and really funny book. To be honest, I think that it is often read by or to children that are too young to really understand it, because it is seen as a children's book (probably because of the Disney Movie).
its_Landy

Post by its_Landy »

Alice in Wonderland is definitely one of those books that is suitable for both children and adults. Both audiences will experience the magic of slipping into a different world where animals speak and anything is possible. Children will enjoy the magic and dreamlike part of the book, where as, adults will notice the prose and play on words that are throughout the novel. A wonderful book to read if you want to escape everyday life for a few hours.
Mariette15
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness
Currently Reading: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 3220

Post by Mariette15 »

I really loved this book as a kid, because honestly the adventures that alice got into were really fun to read. I had loved the part with the duchess and the pig. I thought that part was actually better than the famed mad hatter scene tbh, and thought that the madd hatter was actually really annoying.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I read Alice in Wonderland, as a young child and it was truely outstanding. I still reread the novel occasionally to this day and can still enjoy out to this day.

Return to “Classic Books”