The Monk who sold his Ferrari

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AJSIN75
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Monk who sold his Ferrari

Post by AJSIN75 »

Dear Readers
As most of you would have read this book by Robin Sharma, to what extent do you find yiurself adhering to the idea propounded herein that one should quit the race of materialism and look forward for inner stability and tranquality?
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I wouldn’t say I will be ever ready to quit the race of materialism. Not everyone can be a monk. But what I do agree is that along with the rat race we engage in, we should work in achieving inner peace as well. Striking a balance between both, materialism and inner peace, is I guess the key.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

Minimalism, is very freeing. As I get older, I can afford to focus more on inner tranquility. I haven't read this book, but I agree that not everyone, in every stage of life can, or should abandon the material. What we could abandon is linking our identity to what we have to show off.
kkumar123
Currently Reading:

Post by kkumar123 »

Actually being materialistic is a good thing not bad as it's portrayed. Because having a comfortable home a luxurious car and affordability to better treatment of our illnesses is everyone's right. One can think beyond money only if he/she has enough of it.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

The Monk who sold his Ferrari is a great inspirational book. It is loaded with thought provoking recommendations that are amazing.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
tomtyler

Post by tomtyler »

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari is a self-help book by, a writer and motivational speaker. The book is a business fable derived from Sharma's personal experiences after leaving his career as a litigation lawyer at the age of 25.
Nilesha Radhay

Post by Nilesha Radhay »

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma has proved to be a great success. This book narrates the story of a monk who gave up the materialistic world in pursuit of meditation, peace, tranquility and happiness. Living in today's world seems to be stressful however, mindfulness meditation will be of great help to us.
Kavu

Post by Kavu »

This books gives you a complete new perspective towards your life. It gives you tools and techniques which helps you to cope up with difficult times.
This is the self help book which gives an immense pleasure while reading. This book must be read.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

I had this as an audiobook and the narrator was amazing. I'm not certain if I will quit the race of materialism, perhaps not very soon, but I have always wanted to have a simple life in a small house with plenty of plants. Not totally monk-like kind of life, but the idea of simplicity and minimalism is interesting.
Rahul Rathod

Post by Rahul Rathod »

This is an a one of the greatest book that I ever read , this book teaches you how to live life like a monk . the mind of monk don't think to much like us or normal people , monks secrifises his normal life for knowing the truth of life , the Simple filosofy of life of monk is they does not expect anything from anyone that's the power of monk ,thank you.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”