How admirable do you find his compassion?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: Those People Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
fav_author_id: 84942

How admirable do you find his compassion?

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

I found that the love he held for his wife is something that I look up to when thinking about my girlfriend. His love and compassion is something that drives him, which I find extraordinarily admirable. How admirable and inspirational do you find him, especially his compassion? Do you find him as someone to look up to and take inspiration from in your own life?
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

I think his wife is a lucky woman! I also think that everyone who is married should love their companions with such compassion. Sadly, such a love is very rare. And I really do find it admirable and inspiring. To my opinion, it was one of the best things one can learn from this book.
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Maddie Atkinson
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: Those People Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

Kirsi_78 wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 00:58 I think his wife is a lucky woman! I also think that everyone who is married should love their companions with such compassion. Sadly, such a love is very rare. And I really do find it admirable and inspiring. To my opinion, it was one of the best things one can learn from this book.
I agree! I only hope I can give my girlfriend everything good that she deserves in the way he has with his wife. It is so admirable!
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Catie139
Currently Reading: Catena Aurea
Bookshelf Size: 12861
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catie139.html
Latest Review: The L.I.G.H.T. Seminar by Deacon Michael Wesley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catie139 »

Not only was the love and compassion for his wife admirable. But his compassion extended to all the people with whom he came in contact. In just about everything he did (that he recounted) he had his fellow countrymen in mind. Nothing that he did seemed to be out of purely egotistical motives. He was always trying to help others, which shows a great deal of compassion.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

I found the author's compassion very inspiring. It's so rare to see someone who loves someone else with such altruism like this, I wish more people would love like that. Besides that, he lived an amazing life and took part in so many important historical events, even when those events didn't give him power, money, or anything like that. It's very altruistic, in my opinion.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

The way he talks so kindly about his wife when she leaves the room is admirable. He must truly mean what he says if he speaks so highly of her when she isn't even there to hear it. It would be wonderful to be married to a man that thought so highly of his wife.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Indeed. Some people love and don't know the right way to treat those they love. It is truly admirable to be able to show love and compassion in the way Dr Berrah does to his wife. It shows he is in a good place himself and it is inspiring.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I have no doubt that he's an inspiration to me, and will be to most men. Because his love wasn't just for his wife alone, his love rubbed on everyone that comes in contact with him. I'm impressed by that gesture.
Vine Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

The compassion he had for his wife is very admirable. If marriages had this the divorce rate would reduce drastically.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

The compassion he had for his wife is admirable. If everyone learned to treat their significant others similarly, I believe divorce rates will drop significantly.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

His love towards his wife and tye respect that he had towards all women is something admirable. But what is inspirational for me the most is loving your job. As a diplomat he had no easy tasks. But he did all that with love and passion. For him, it was not a mere job but he kept his faith on world peace and put all the effort to make that a success
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I'm definitely inspired by his compassion. A great percentage of marriages are based on tolerance and little or no compassion, but his compassion towards his wife was 100% genuine and something I'll love to have for someone.
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

I think that his compassion was a significant driving force that helped guide his life. I definitely find it inspiring. We should all strive to be compassionate towards our partners, families, friends, and those who we enounter. I believe that a significant part of his success in his diplomatic career came from his compassionate nature.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

I love the demonstration of his compassion, my husband loves me as much and I find it so easy to relate with, in fact I got mushy at some point.
Every marriage, partner, spouse deserves such kind of inspiring compassion, such is the nature of Christ Jesus.
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

The Dr did indeed build the mutual relationship of respect and love with his wife over a lifetime of daily action in word and deed,more often than not it is the seemingly negligible repeated with the utmost of care,that brings about the final result,perhaps.Admirable,courageous and selfless!

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”