Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Deval Sodha »

gali wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 00:33 This is a discussion topic for the February 2021 Book of the month, Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book page on: Bookshelves.
I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
The writing style of Dr.Ghoulem is awesome to keep anyone hooked till the end. I will definitely recommend the book to people who loves inspirational books and memoirs.
The book is packed with family, emotions, dreams, passion, struggle and a hope that never allows to give up. It teaches us to persevere our dreams, no matter how hard we have to try.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

The book was inspiring, but I had a harder time reading it as I struggle to get into biographies. The author was a little full of himself at times and I found that to also turn me away from it.
Mac :techie-reference:
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

For me i'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.The author is a great story teller and does not at any point allow anything to compromise his standards.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

I find the story quite inspiring. The quest for equality is the most intriguing part of the story. Although the author seem to be flaunting his capabilities, it is a good book.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This book has a compelling storyline and filled with twists. It inspired me. The man's achiements is so uplifting. I recommend it to persons in love with inspiring books.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This book inspired me so much. I gave it four out of four stars because of it's motivating content. His determination to be successful made me realize I can succeed if only I am determined to. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know the tips to succeed.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

This book is just a pleasure to read all around. The author has a writing style that just draws you in and then keeps you there, wanting more. His whole focus is on harmony and peace. He shares his life, his struggles and his good times as well. We learn about all of his travels, as well as the famous people he has met along the way. He has a contagious writing style.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Overall, I found this book to be inspiring. I actually had to chuckle when I read some of it and that makes the book not seem like a boring memoir. Personally, I have come to love memoirs. There was nothing I disliked about this..
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

I found this book to be truly inspiring and I enjoyed reading it. Dr. Ghoulem's quest for world peace was remarkable. He was an extraordinary man and I think a lot of people can learn from him. There was nothing to dislike about this book. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading about history as well as memoirs.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

The author became an ambassador to work towards peace. The book deserves 3 out of 4 stars as I feel that his experiences were wonderful to read about but sometimes were not true enough. At the end, It was a good memoir.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I think the overall message of this book is positive and admirable. The family is portrayed as loving and something worth aspiring to. I would definitely recommend this book to readers who enjoy memoirs.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Post by KanaSmriti »

I think this memoir certainly deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. As a book he covered all the portions that gave it the sperk that people like about a book, and as an autobiography I really appreciate all his works and super impressed with it. People should read this book at least once.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

Dream for Peace is a very interesting biography. Dr. Ghoulem has lived a very inspiring life and preaches peace and togetherness. He has had a lot of experience in life and he reminds us to live ours fruitfully.

I felt the author set very high standards for all of us. The author lived with love and shared stories of him doing the things he loved. Love and affection take centre stage for him. I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It took me a lot of time to complete this book as it felt slow at some places, yet it was a wonderful read!
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

The author knows how to write and what stories to share to keep the reader’s attention throughout the entire book. He share very personal hardships and rough life events, as well as many accomplishments and great times in his life for us to rejoice with him.

I love that this book is written in a Christian perspective. The fact that it tells how to bring us closer to God and how to achieve peace and how to help others, is a big selling point for me to rate it
4 out of 4 stars.
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

It was okay. Was not too bad but not too good either. I liked the story telling but I can’t help but get irritated by the author’s boasting of his own capabilities. Furthermore, a guy married three times, giving lessons about family values made me skeptical. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”