Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the February 2021 Book of the month, Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Justina kaloki
Favorite Book: A Few Trivial Felonies
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reading Device: Oppo

Post by Justina kaloki »

He is a good story teller,its easy to realite his story ,what I like most is fact that he believed his family was one of the best in a small town they lived Happy and with harmony,I would recommend because his story especially his time in jail most can relate and and also learn a lot from him.
samps1910
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samps1910.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by samps1910 »

I find that this book is overall a very inspiring work. His struggle and his hard work as an activist really opened my mind and this is what I like about the book. There's nothing I dislike about it. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys biographies. This is a pleasant read!
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I do not usually read biographies but A Dream for Peace is a very good an inspiring story. I love the unwavering quest for equality and peace in this story. The love and respect for family portrayed in this book is admirable.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

This is a 4 out 4 stars book for me. What I like the most about this book is the details of Dr. Berrah’s personal life. The writing will tocuh on your emotions. I like his discoveries on various religions because I, as a reader, gets to learn as well. There is nothing I dislike. I recommend this to anyone who enjoy history, politics, and world religions.
Betty Gitonga
Currently Reading: Black Cherry Betrayal
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betty-gitonga.html

Post by Betty Gitonga »

I found this book to be very inspirational. I enjoyed learning about his life, family, accomplishments, career and passions.
Fleurine_t92
Currently Reading: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fleurine-t92.html

Post by Fleurine_t92 »

The author know how to show off his past, struggles and strengths he got. This is the nice book. But only I couldn't put in mind to read to understand and trying to find the error. In that case, reading other professions I didn't know is hard for me and the story was being some kind of boring to me. I like some quotes inside this book. Finding the peace as his title said wasn't easy to get in real life. In myanmar, we trying hard to get it but it still far away from us. The book make me ashamed of myself because I felt I didn't make a move enough to get it.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Personally, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars because of the nuggets in its content. The life of Dr. Ghoulem is worthy of emulation. He's an advocate for peace, an achiever and lots more. I believe people will learn a lot by following his footsteps.
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

The greatness of champions are in their stories and those who want to be great must learn from them.The authors life,struggles and accomplishment is another evidence that peace can be created.Good writings and teaching for anyone dreaming for peace and success
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

4 out 4 stars. He is an great story teller, and his moral standards are never compromised. I only have dreamed of accomplishing a fraction of what this man has achieved.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Mtracey
Favorite Book: Soul Seeker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtracey.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by Mtracey »

The book was inspiring and thoughtful. 4 out of 4 stars to the author, whose dreams are hard to achieve, though he never gives up.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The book is a very astounding read. The author did so much in life; from marrying three times to knowing great personalities and touring the world, each phase of his story is worth admiring. When I first saw the cover of the book, I was skeptical. But when I read it, I couldn't get enough. I deserves a full star rating. A great memoir.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I enjoyed this book a lot, reading about his life, dreams, his family and learning about how he overcame his struggles. The fact he's such a good storyteller makes the whole book a winner and a great memoir.
Juliet+1
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I would give this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was a very interesting read, but part of that is simply because the author lived in such interesting times. His eyewitness account of events and his personal involvement in them makes the book worthwhile for any reader. There were, however, two things I didn't like. I thought the author bragged a little too much about his own capabilities. And there were a few too many syntax errors. But it's still a great book; I would recommend it to everyone.
Lalit_kendre14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lalit-kendre14.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Lalit_kendre14 »

I locate that this book is generally an extremely rousing work. I preferred a few statements inside this book. Discovering harmony as his title said wasn't difficult to get, all things considered. In Myanmar, we making a decent attempt to move it yet it still far away from us. The book makes me embarrassed about myself since I believed I didn't take an action enough to get it.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”