Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by k_madhu_jha »

This book is a biography and is very inspiring. His struggle, his hard work, his positivity and his strengthen his heart made this book even more interesting.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's autobiography, Dream for Peace: An Ambassador Memoir, delves into the author's life experiences. His concern and love for his wife are admirable, as is his compassion for everyone he met. He was always attempting to assist others, demonstrating a great deal of compassion. Reading this book has taught me a lot. Overall, I give it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is commendable to those who seek real-time encouragement and motivation from someone who has a lot of ups and downs in life.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

I have reviewed this book, and I gave it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I found it to be enlightening, very informative, and entertaining. I enjoyed the history lessons I received from Dr. Berrah, as he told his story in such a way that I didn't feel bored or overwhelmed by the volume of information. The book is quite voluminous but completely worth the read, and I would definitely recommend it to people. There is nothing I dislike about this well-written book.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

This book was an incredible read, no doubt. One never stops to commend Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's resilience at ensuring peace reigns all over Africa. Even despite losing his mom and sent to prison, this doesn't also stop him from fighting for the freedom of his fatherland. It was definitely inspirational.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

This is a lengthy book but the reader does not get bored or uninterested as the sequence of the autobiographical elements on the backdrop of social and political canvas of that time flows smoothly maintaining the interest of the reader. I rate this book as four stars out of four and reiterate that it is a great inspiring work for all of us struggling in our lives to attain success and happiness.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Joe Jacobs
Favorite Book: Beyond the Higher Ground
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-jacobs.html
Latest Review: UNUM: Infinity and Eternity by Rudy Ernst
Reading Device: B09KN9X4PZ

Post by Joe Jacobs »

The part describing the love for Dr. Berrah with his third wife, Titi, was very moving. Finally, he found the love of his life. They enjoyed their marriage for 40 years till the end of his life. It is difficult to comment on this marriage between different faiths that are not allowed in the Bible (2 Corinthians 6:14). However, for the sake of humanity, God has used them to inspire living in peace despite the differences. This part is described more in the chapter about Our Common Faith, which is the highlight of this book. That is the reason I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

The book was never-ending. It kept going on and on. At times, I couldn't connect the dots as there was way too much information about so many things. Overall, it is a one-time read. I was surprised at how the author was able to meticulously craft a wide range of topics.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I'm currently reviewing this book. done with the reading. I'm going to rate it 4 stars. I really love the religious tolerance preached and exemplified in the book.

I wouldn't take offense on the self-eulogy that the author showed because that is normal human nature and circle. At old age will tend to recollect memories of our past achievement or failures. Furtunately for Berrah, his is of success, and it can help others for motivation. So I wouldn't dislike anything in the book.

I like one quote that says something like secularity is a form of religious tolerance.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I really enjoyed reading Dr. Ghoulem's story. The way it was put across to the reader made it quite appealing. It's not written in the style of many autobiographies which sometimes can be tiresome. His passion for peace and dialogue come across as potent.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I rate the book 4 out of 4. The memoir is amazing. I love that he focused more on other people's achievements. He is hardworking and inspiring too. I loved the book in general.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I have heard a few things about this book. I thinks book is an inspiration. The author writes so well, I could hardly spot an error.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I enjoyed the book, the author had an eventful and interesting life. Many lived in the same period marked with political turmoil, however did not go so far and did not contribute as much as the author. I loved thae layout of the book for these reasons I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Bradley Shelvie
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

The book talks about the author quite fluidly and well, and it portrays Berrah in great detail. I could be able to understand who Berrah was in depth. Therefore, it gets a four.
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

My opinion about this book is that the author knows well how to deliver his though through writing. His writing flows well and his emotion is projected in the book appropraitely. This made me relate well with his book. Additionally, I'm a usual fan of memoir, and the idea of the book and the content are great. I enjoyed reading the book and I rated it 4 out 4 stars
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

I love the courage of Dr. Berrah. I give this book a perfect rating. It is a super motivational book. I recommend it especially for young people. It can motivate them to achieve great things.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”