Does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Re: Does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?

Post by Abacus »

Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:41 The author herself has a Catholic background, yet she claims that the holy bible which is presented today is but a result of various manipulations and political agendas, not the true initial message given by the supreme being.

She gives evidence about a true supreme being via quantum physics as well as philosophical teachings. As per the author, this book contains whatever the details that anyone who is intelligent enough to understand the true meaning of a religion and the world.

So, does that make this book superior to the holy bible? Or on the other hand, does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?
It may bring the translation of the Bible into question. Also the motivation for some of the books in the bible is not necessarily truth but political expediency. It does not make the bible a fraud but questions what the real story is.
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

Both this book and the bible are fraudulent accounts for the way the world is because they claim unproven (and unprovable) concepts as absolute undeniable truths.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Both may not actually be mutually exclusive. The Holy Bible existed far before most of us so it is not surprising that we do struggle to make sense of it.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

All scriptures are inspired by God. The doctrines posited in the Bible the world over, regardless of denomination, remains largely the same, and is superior to any other book. This book is not an exemption.
Linnette
Currently Reading: Midwinter Turns to Spring
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linnette.html
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing

Post by Linnette »

The bible cannot just be read and understood easily. It takes time to meditate upon what you have read verse by verse and sometimes you might not even understand the meaning immediately. The author however has every right to have a contrary opinion by saying that the bible is a fraud. Personally I disagree.
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

The Bible is not a fraud. Well, I think maybe some parts. However, as German physicist Werner Heisenberg said, "What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning." With that in mind, I have three propositions: (1) the Bible could be biased based on the point-of-view of view of its writers, who had no scientific knowledge and given the superstitions prevalent in that time. (2) the Bible is not fraudulent, we just cannot understand it fully given the huge amount of information missing. (3) those who interpret it are biased.
Therefore, I do not think that it is wrong to have a contrary opinion, and the Bible should be open to scrutiny and criticism in every way.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:41 The author herself has a Catholic background, yet she claims that the holy bible which is presented today is but a result of various manipulations and political agendas, not the true initial message given by the supreme being.

She gives evidence about a true supreme being via quantum physics as well as philosophical teachings. As per the author, this book contains whatever the details that anyone who is intelligent enough to understand the true meaning of a religion and the world.

So, does that make this book superior to the holy bible? Or on the other hand, does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?
I believe that there is no book superior to the Bible and it hasn't been manipulated by any political agendas.

The Bible is no fraud.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I don't think it makes the Bible a fraud because I believe the Bible is there to guide people through life and help them find answers, or allow them to seek comfort. I think that the book is questioning the core beliefs of the Church, specifically the Catholic, as they appear to be hypocritical the more you delve into its history. So rather than making the Bible a fraud, I think the book is purely questioning those who preach it and whether they are the ones who are frauds (a controversial opinion I know, but an opinion nonetheless).
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”