The Ending

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

The Ending

Post by Chelsearoses »

How did you feel about the ending?
Did it make sense for what happened and how do you feel about Ron breaking apart the equipment?
Just curious about your thoughts!
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I thought the ending was a bit odd. I didn't really understand Regina's choice. I also felt it was a little anti-climatic for Ron to destroy the equipment. They put so much work into it, and then he just was like "nope." Quite frankly, I can't blame him. A time machine would be dangerous. However, in regards to the story, it was a bit disappointing for me.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:

Post by Chelsearoses »

EReid wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 10:14 I thought the ending was a bit odd. I didn't really understand Regina's choice. I also felt it was a little anti-climatic for Ron to destroy the equipment. They put so much work into it, and then he just was like "nope." Quite frankly, I can't blame him. A time machine would be dangerous. However, in regards to the story, it was a bit disappointing for me.
It was a little disappointing I felt as well. He could have kept it way underground or left it and covered it up somehow, it could have opened up something interesting for future books, possibly. Kind of wanted it to stay, the feeling of him destroying it was close to Harry Potter destroying the Elder Wand in the last Harry Potter movie. :lol2:
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Chelsearoses wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 22:02 How did you feel about the ending?
Did it make sense for what happened and how do you feel about Ron breaking apart the equipment?
I liked the ending. I thinks it was logical for Ron to break the equipment just because he saw what happened to Regina. But he got her main idea and followed her steps so to say :) I was quite pleased with the ending.
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

I was disappointed at some point. I felt like Regina died pretty quickly. I was expecting more of Devries' plans toward her. About the machine, kind of disappointed because Regina worked hard to create it. Kind of relieved as well, because that's a dangerous machine at the same time.
athurst123
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athurst123.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by athurst123 »

I was disappointed in the ending. I could see why Regina felt the need to end her life that way, but I do not feel like it made total sense with the way the story was heading. I was looking forward to the ending to be more focused on the success of the two, not her being sick and dying so suddenly.
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:

Post by Chelsearoses »

Ellylion wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 05:58
I liked the ending. I thinks it was logical for Ron to break the equipment just because he saw what happened to Regina. But he got her main idea and followed her steps so to say :) I was quite pleased with the ending.
Agreed, I understand how some would be upset or annoyed he broke it, however it does make sense when you look at him and as you said, what he saw Regina go through. That was her life's work, not his.
Dabrielle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabrielle.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Dabrielle »

I liked the ending very much. Although it would seem that a lot of time and energy was wasted building the machine only to destroy it, Tom's actions seem to assert an acceptance that the machine causes more destruction than good. It had to be destroyed. He also knew that he had to prevent it from getting into the wrong hands, especially as he was now the sole bearer of the secret. His action was also cathartic. It suggested the end of one season of his life and the dawn of a new beginning.
Sithmi
Currently Reading: Honest Endings
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sithmi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sithmi »

The ending is not very interesting. Ron breaking apart the equipment, might dissapoint the readers.
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

Chelsearoses wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 23:40
EReid wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 10:14 I thought the ending was a bit odd. I didn't really understand Regina's choice. I also felt it was a little anti-climatic for Ron to destroy the equipment. They put so much work into it, and then he just was like "nope." Quite frankly, I can't blame him. A time machine would be dangerous. However, in regards to the story, it was a bit disappointing for me.
It was a little disappointing I felt as well. He could have kept it way underground or left it and covered it up somehow, it could have opened up something interesting for future books, possibly. Kind of wanted it to stay, the feeling of him destroying it was close to Harry Potter destroying the Elder Wand in the last Harry Potter movie. :lol2:
Maybe he didn't trust himself to leave it alone. And how long could he keep something like that hidden anyways.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

The ending was very okay for me.I like that it ended with a chess match also. It was quite ironic. As for the equipment, it was better he broke them apart to stop himself from going back for her.
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

Did it make sense for what happened, and how do you feel about Ron breaking apart the equipment?
I feel that Ron breaking the time machine makes sense. He was so glad to come and help Regina in the first place was because he felt like a misfit in his life in new york. The author made it clear that a life of fame and money was not meant for him.
But if you pay close attention to the details, it looks like Ron was never interested in making scientific discoveries. He never once felt like it was his project. I think he spent so much time helping Regina was because he had nothing better to do.
Also, in the end, his reverting back to cheese makes sense. He played cheese because he wanted to, and when Regina died, he went back to it; it was probably his true passion.
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michele H »

I liked that Ron meets a young woman who could potentially open new doors and future discoveries and a chance to pay it forward. However, I agree with others who said that it was ridiculous that Ron would just tear down the equipment and dispose of it. This is Sci-Fi Fantasy. Make it less realistic!
kristen_r
Currently Reading: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristen-r.html
Latest Review: Days of Future Found by M. K. Wark

Post by kristen_r »

I found the ending to be anti-climactic and I felt a bit let down. The fact that he didn't try to continue the time travel experiments didn't feel it made sense for Ron's character. I felt like Ron should've tried to carry on Regina's legacy/work however he could.
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

I did like the ending because it seemed to confirm some of Reginas last words to Ron, and it was as if she had planned everything exactly and knew what she was doing and what Ron would do. I seemed she had succeeded and perhaps Ron had not realised the extent of her influence upon him or who she was to him After all of that he had taken over from her

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”