Shipping time!

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Shipping time!

Post by lavkathleen »

On a less serious topic, who did you want Ron to end up with?

We know that he's had relationships with different women throughout the book, but have you wished he stayed with one particular woman? Or did you ship him with a person he didn't even have a romantic relationship with? Who is it and why?
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I'd say that Regina deserves to be with Ron more than Sheila does. She was there when Ron needed her most. He believed in him and mentored him into a responsible person. She also patiently watched him progress into who he would become.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
jhnews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhnews.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by jhnews »

I think that Regina should have given him more...herself. She literally shaped his whole life, and then dumps him with nothing to show for their entire lives together besides a building to manage and a dude ranch to oversee.
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 05:06 I'd say that Regina deserves to be with Ron more than Sheila does. She was there when Ron needed her most. He believed in him and mentored him into a responsible person. She also patiently watched him progress into who he would become.
It was unclear if she felt that way, though. What do you think? Also, they met when Ron was a teenager. My brain is just screaming 'pedophilia'. :shifty:
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

jhnews wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 20:55 I think that Regina should have given him more...herself. She literally shaped his whole life, and then dumps him with nothing to show for their entire lives together besides a building to manage and a dude ranch to oversee.
I don't think she dumped him. She was dying! :cry: Also, don't you think shaping someone's life is more than enough of a proof of your love for them?
Kathleen Lavador

Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

lavkathleen wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 03:59
jhnews wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 20:55 I think that Regina should have given him more...herself. She literally shaped his whole life, and then dumps him with nothing to show for their entire lives together besides a building to manage and a dude ranch to oversee.
I don't think she dumped him. She was dying! :cry: Also, don't you think shaping someone's life is more than enough of a proof of your love for them?
Regina didn't literally dump Ron. I believe she maintained a healthy relationship between them. One that was more formal and respectful than romantic and chilled. Yes! If Regina was willing to shape Ron's life for whatever it took, it shows that she loved him.
jhnews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhnews.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by jhnews »

If she had truly cared for him, she would have let him know about her cancer long before the end, but that’s just it. Suicide is literally the most selfish thing a person can do. So yeah, she dumped him with nothing left, not even his marriage.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

lavkathleen wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 03:51
Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 05:06 I'd say that Regina deserves to be with Ron more than Sheila does. She was there when Ron needed her most. He believed in him and mentored him into a responsible person. She also patiently watched him progress into who he would become.
It was unclear if she felt that way, though. What do you think? Also, they met when Ron was a teenager. My brain is just screaming 'pedophilia'. :shifty:
Exactly! I thought I was the only one having that reaction to a teenage Ron having eyes for Regina who was more than twice his age at th time.
Yes, Regina played a big role in his life, but when it comes to matters of the heart, I wasnt rooting for Ron to end up with her.... I mean, they're generations apart!
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

jhnews wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 15:50

If she had truly cared for him, she would have let him know about her cancer long before the end, but that’s just it. Suicide is literally the most selfish thing a person can do. So yeah, she dumped him with nothing left, not even his marriage.
I wish Regina had opened up to Ron about everything. But as it is revealed from the beginning, she is a secretive character. I think her condition really weighed her down. In this scenario she finds no way to get herself out of the mess.
megan433
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan433.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by megan433 »

While I think that it was possible for Regina to end up with Ron, I felt that their relationship was more of a mother-son one. I honestly would have like Ron to end up with Cheryl or Louise. I think Cheryl provided him a stable relationship and someone that he can rely on, and that's what Ron needs especially after Regina's death. While I don't think that Louise is the type who would want to be in a monogamous relationship, I absolutely loved their realtionship with each other and would have loved to see more of it.
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

jhnews wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 15:50 If she had truly cared for him, she would have let him know about her cancer long before the end, but that’s just it. Suicide is literally the most selfish thing a person can do. So yeah, she dumped him with nothing left, not even his marriage.
She doesn't owe him anything. If she didn't let him know about her sickness, it was done with good intentions—let's not act like holding back grave news about ourselves makes us an antagonist. And we can't blame her (or anyone. really hoping you're not telling anyone who has attempted it or has suicidal thoughts that they're selfish because they're not.) for committing suicide. She was dying from an incurable sickness and she wanted to see if she can physically travel through time. Also, Ron chose not to fix his marriage. He wasn't forced to do anything—that was on him.
Kathleen Lavador

Jabril Miller
Currently Reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-12ultimate.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Jabril Miller »

Louise was quite possibly the most suitable one for Ron, being rather fun-loving and easy-going, but none of the relationships seemed entirely "right" for him, with Louise's sense of restlessness, Sheila's need to control aspects of the relationship, and Regina's teacher-student relationship dynamic (which in my opinion makes it inappropriate for them to have a romantic interlude, and I'm glad they didn't).

At the end of the day, it just seems like Ron hasn't found who completes him, which is absolutely fine, as he has the rest of his life to figure it out.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

12ultimate wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 21:11 Louise was quite possibly the most suitable one for Ron, being rather fun-loving and easy-going, but none of the relationships seemed entirely "right" for him, with Louise's sense of restlessness, Sheila's need to control aspects of the relationship, and Regina's teacher-student relationship dynamic (which in my opinion makes it inappropriate for them to have a romantic interlude, and I'm glad they didn't).

At the end of the day, it just seems like Ron hasn't found who completes him, which is absolutely fine, as he has the rest of his life to figure it out.
I believe Ron was the problem in all the relationships. I think he needed more time alone to discover himself. He rashes into strangers and has a liking for everyone new he meets. Louise was never predictable. That's one aspect that made him/her a perfect fit for Ron. Their unpredictability was a match. Furthermore, the two didn't have a roof under their head, they relied on cunning ventures to find a place to sleep or have a shower. Maybe if, and only if Robert Leet had build up a chapter on their relationship - would the plot have taken a different shift.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

I'd say Cheryl was the best fit for him because she was a stable person (opposites attract). Nevertheless matters of the heart don't obey rules so...
Ron needs to get himself together first.
JGretz-7
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: The Formative Five
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgretz-7.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JGretz-7 »

Melexa wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 19:30
lavkathleen wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 03:51
Exactly! I thought I was the only one having that reaction to a teenage Ron having eyes for Regina who was more than twice his age at th time.
Yes, Regina played a big role in his life, but when it comes to matters of the heart, I wasnt rooting for Ron to end up with her.... I mean, they're generations apart!
I totally agree. I felt that if there relationship had become physical, I wouldn't have been a fan. It would have completely changed my image of Regina and just made the book 'icky'. I can't think of a better descriptive word to describe the feeling. There were too many stalker type descriptions in the beginning anyway that made me wonder about ulterior motives.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”