Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Re: Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I loved Regina's character. He accepted Ron and his nature, and also helped him to build up his path as well. She looked after him
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

diana lowery wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 08:51 My favorite character was Louise. Maybe it was because he/she was more involved in the romantic plot and not in the scientific discussions. I enjoyed his/her underground explorations and the descriptions of his/her unorthodox lifestyle.
She is a nice character too. But the romantic involvement rather than a science related involvement of her made me put her a bit downwards in my list of favourites (total opposite of you 🙂)
Sushan Ekanayake

Iris Marsh wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 11:22 Regina was definitely fascinating. As was mentioned, it's great to have a female scientist as a character, especially as bright and creative as Regina was.
But my favorite character was definitely Louise. I wish he/she was mentioned more and perhaps developed a bit further. I loved her quirkiness and fascination with underground spaces. It's great to be passionate about something.
Agreed. Louise's character was noteworthy. But the author did not pay much attention towards those characters and turned the spotlight towards the major attraction, Regina. It would have been better if the other characters have been a bit more developed, and the decision regarding the favorite character would have changed
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Marty_Kelly wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 03:41
diana lowery wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 09:36 Am I the only one who found Regina manipulative? I had a very hard time liking her and understanding her motives.
In a way, she is manipulative but not in a destructive manner. Her motives too are parts of the things I was wondering. I was thinking she was probably Ron's biological mother.
I had never thought of the possibility of Regina being Ron's mother, but I guess it is a possibility. For the most part, moms are manipulative, but in a good way.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:08 I loved Regina's character. He accepted Ron and his nature, and also helped him to build up his path as well. She looked after him
Regina is an exceptional character who helped Ron become responsible in the end. Her influences in the plot are also worth noting. She is also an innovator who keeps thinking about making things better.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:08 I loved Regina's character. He accepted Ron and his nature, and also helped him to build up his path as well. She looked after him
Regina was empathetic and welcoming from the beginning. At their first encounter, she's the one who joins in for a game. She then keeps tabs with Ron's endeavors. After realizing that Ron had potential to improve in his academics, she stepped up and assisted him to do so. Robert Leet used Regina to teach the audience about the power of mentoring others into becoming better.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:14
Iris Marsh wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 11:22 Regina was definitely fascinating. As was mentioned, it's great to have a female scientist as a character, especially as bright and creative as Regina was.
But my favorite character was definitely Louise. I wish he/she was mentioned more and perhaps developed a bit further. I loved her quirkiness and fascination with underground spaces. It's great to be passionate about something.
Agreed. Louise's character was noteworthy. But the author did not pay much attention towards those characters and turned the spotlight towards the major attraction, Regina. It would have been better if the other characters have been a bit more developed, and the decision regarding the favorite character would have changed
On the contrary, I believe Robert Leet was fair enough in the character distribution. The narrative is well balanced and versed. It's unlikely that any character got a spotlight than the other. The main focus was on explaining time and its impact. And for that, Robert Leet mixed roles to clearly emphasize the theme.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Moddesser Elahi wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 13:44
diana lowery wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 23:24 I agree with you. Even though it was a bit contrived how she just happened to show up again, I was happy to see her. She pretty much saved the day with her discovery.

All of a sudden Louise returned in the story, which may seem a little unconvincing, but even I was happy to see her come and help Ron and Regina with one of her fascinating underground explorations.
The beauty of this work is the unprecedented happenings that keep coming. Like in your example, Louise colourfully graces a section of the book to make it more appealing. Even in the few pages that the character is featured, you can feel him/her come to life. I loved this aspect because it gave a relief from the complex physics topics.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

winecellarlibrary wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 16:07 Like the majority of commenters, I would have to say my favorite is Regina. It's always nice to see women portrayed as strong characters in typically male-dominated fields.
Robert Leet kept me discovering different themes in a unique concept. For instance, Regina is responsible for different discoveries and major roles in the book. Sheila is also seen influencing Ron's decisions and challenges in life. It's a revelation of the role women have in society and their capabilities.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

booklover69101 wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 16:30 I will play devils advocate today, I liked Sheila the best! All characters were great and contributed to Ron's life one way or another. But something about Sheila's ambition and confidence that I loved her for! While I don't agree with dropping him like she did, he also gave her reason to as well. But her encouragement for him, the confidence to take over her father's company and the way she loved to have fun, were all parts of why I loved her and wanted to see them work it out!
I don't think Sheila was impactful to Ron as much as Regina was. She was only a network to Ron's entrepreneurship journey. Comparatively, his journey to self awarenesses was challenging than the transition into entrepreneurship. Regina did the heavy lifting. She believed in him even before anyone else did.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:11
diana lowery wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 08:51 My favorite character was Louise. Maybe it was because he/she was more involved in the romantic plot and not in the scientific discussions. I enjoyed his/her underground explorations and the descriptions of his/her unorthodox lifestyle.
She is a nice character too. But the romantic involvement rather than a science related involvement of her made me put her a bit downwards in my list of favourites (total opposite of you 🙂)
Louise was my second favorite character after Regina. His/her adventurous nature made the few pages exciting. Their relationship with Ron was also unexpected. It was a nice encounter. I wish Robert Leet could have made it longer.
Moocow1213
Currently Reading: Empath Ebook
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moocow1213.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moocow1213 »

Regina sounds like an interesting character, especially due to the fact that she helps Ron with personal growth, and devepment.
Student, book obsessed and a spiritual individual
'Trust the process'
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I liked Regina because of her determination and focus. Her theories and the time machine were amazing. She was patient, yet persistent, with Ron. Even when they were not able to work together, she waited for Ron to have his fling and come back to her. Did she really die or did her machine work and transport her to a different time?
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

My favorite character is Regina. She is strong, smart and generous. Besides, she's not just a very good person. She also helps other people to become better. For example, she helped Ron.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Asides my love for female protagonists, I prefer Regina, she's like the backbone behind Ron's success story. That's the type of lady any man will yearn for.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”