Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Re: Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Juliet+1 wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 13:24 I think the title is perfect. It suggests both time travel and other ways of being "wise about time" but could cover other themes as well. And, just for fun, I searched that title on Amazon and found only one other book with the same title. That's unusual; it's a real challenge to find a title so unique that there are not a dozen or more books with the same title. So, you have a title that fits the story and is perfect for marketing too. I don't see how anyone could do better.
Exactly my thoughts. Yes it discusses about manipulating time as well as using it wisely. So apparently the title has been targeted towards the essence of the book. And it seems suitable
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Nedbrian wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 12:50 To a great extent, I expected the book to be all about time but I got disappointed. Rightly said, the book deserves another befitting title
Maybe the book is all about time and you just have to think deeper and understand that. The essence of the book is about using your limited time, as per my view. And it includes time travelling as well. So I think that the title is fitting
Sushan Ekanayake

Nwaogazie Goodness wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 12:54 Well, I think the title 'Timewise' is just perfect. And i'd subscribe to the popular narrative that claims that it is an 'unrevealing' title. No one wants to read a title of a book and know exactly what will be explored without reading. So, yeah! It is okay.
I too agree with you. The title is relevant yet it is unrevealing, and that should be the quality of a book title. So this title seems suitable for this book and it arouses the curiosity of the reader as well
Sushan Ekanayake

Alice Ngugi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 13:46 I also absolutely love the title. I love titles that don't give up too much, just a hint...then at the end you realize what the title meant. The cover is also appealing.
The cover and the title both are intriguing and invites the reader to unwrap the mystery in the book. The title is relevant and gives no spoilers away. Perfectly fitting
Sushan Ekanayake

Nelson Lyric wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 15:41
Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 23:55 When I first came across the book, I thought it was addressing how time affected our daily lives. The cover art also portrayed the scientific concept of time. But after reading the book, I believe the author could have chosen a different title to entice the reader. Ron is on a journey to find out who he is and what he is capable of doing. Did you find Timewise to be appropriate, or do you have other suggestions for a better title?
The core of this novel is centered on time traveling through the means of physics. I think the books' Title Fits most plots embedded in it.

So, I did find Timewise to be the appropriate Title for the book.
Indeed. The title of the book is directly related to the essence of the book. How more can it be matching? Yet it is an unique as well as unrevealing title. Just perfect
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

For me, the title seems to give a sci/fi aura. Also, there might be some kind of space or time-traveling involved. Maybe the characters get stuck in a time loop, forced to repeat a specific event. I'm not sure if it is the perfect title or not, but if the book got picked over others I guess it did the trick regardless.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 23:25
Juliet+1 wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 13:24 I think the title is perfect. It suggests both time travel and other ways of being "wise about time" but could cover other themes as well. And, just for fun, I searched that title on Amazon and found only one other book with the same title. That's unusual; it's a real challenge to find a title so unique that there are not a dozen or more books with the same title. So, you have a title that fits the story and is perfect for marketing too. I don't see how anyone could do better.
Exactly my thoughts. Yes it discusses about manipulating time as well as using it wisely. So apparently the title has been targeted towards the essence of the book. And it seems suitable

The inclusion of a time travel discovery is a plus for timewise. The exceptionalism in comparison to other books is also with noting. This uniqueness makes this book a perfect match for sci-fi enthuthiasts.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Sushan Ekanayake

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 23:49
Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 23:25

The inclusion of a time travel discovery is a plus for timewise. The exceptionalism in comparison to other books is also with noting. This uniqueness makes this book a perfect match for sci-fi enthuthiasts.
Indeed. At the end the book was about time travelling. It is true that it was not all about time travelling. But I see that it is more about spending time. It portrays how Ron spent his time. Whether it was wise or not, ultimately all the consequences were his own. So the title seems perfect. The uniqueness is an added value to it
Moocow1213
Currently Reading: Empath Ebook
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moocow1213.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moocow1213 »

I suppose Timewise could mean anything, and that makes the book mysterious. I think that the name of the book adds interest and is unique.
Student, book obsessed and a spiritual individual
'Trust the process'
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

Yes. It's short and intriguing. It kind of shows the concept of the book but in an ambiguous way.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

diana lowery wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 11:20 When I saw the title, I immediately thought of books such as The Time Machine, The Time Travelers Wife, Time and Again, A Wrinkle in Time, and others for which I have great associations. So, being wise about time seemed like a perfect title.
I thought about "The Time Machine" too. So, this title is very catchy. A good title is supposed to be catchy. Thus, the author chose the correct title.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I do believe the author's original idea which brought the title should make it a suitable one. The story and the title sometimes do not match in the mind of the reader. Have you noticed it also happens in movies' titles? This means we are thinking from different vantage points. Timewise is a suitable title in my opinion.
Intel
Favorite Author: Sarah Dessen
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
fav_author_id: 3879

Post by Intel »

I think the title fit well. Time isn't necessisarily the forefront in life. It's something we realize often when its gone.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Time wise being the title is attractive and could be confusing. But, I think, the tittle fits perfectly, as one reads the story, the tittle will begin to make sense and revealing.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

From the outset I had a supposition that Robert would zero in on schedule and clarify it as the story unfurled. Yet, that wasn't the situation. The story streams easily with different occasions without straying from the principle topic of time.Ron needs an ideal opportunity to learn and find himself. It is inevitably that he gets savvy and settles on extraordinary choices.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”