Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Post by Kathryn Collins »

lavkathleen wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 00:07 I gave it a 2 out of 4 rating. I loved the scientific aspects of it, but I wish I understood it more. I think the author could widen his audience by explaining it better, maybe with less technical terms. I'd recommend this to my friends who are knowledgeable about physics. I think they'd appreciate the way the author puts the works of prominent physicists in a new light, and shows the possibilities of time travel.
I also gave it 2 out of 4 stars. Partly because it was over my head but also for the poor writing. I felt like there was so much telling rather than showing throughout the book and it was drudgery to get through it for me. I had to force myself to read it. I kept telling myself that if he was a better storyteller, I may have been more engaged. I would like to see a rewrite of this book.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Timewise is a science fiction novel written by Robert Lee. I had no trouble comprehending the physics concepts in this book because physics is my favorite subject, and I had encountered some of the terminologies and concepts that were discussed. However, some people may find it tedious and complex, so reducing the details of each idea may help to add color to the story. Overall, I give this 3 out of 4 stars because of the incredible plotline and recommend it to those who love science fiction.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I was honestly bored reading the book. The physics was just too much and the dialogues and characters were rather choppy.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This was honestly not one of my favorite books. I found it hard to understand, especially the technical terms. I liked the plot and enjoyed Ron and Regina’s relationship. I recommend this book to those who like quantum physics. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

To be honest, this was one of my least favorite books ever. There was no story. It was more like a physics subject book for adults. Making this into a story was a bad idea. I didn't like this book. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are a science nerd.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

I gave it a 3 out of 4 stars rating. What I most liked was the dreamy, poetic narration with elements of magic realism. I didn't like the ending because it was abrupt and inconclusive. What happened with Ron at the end? What is he going to do?
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I give this novel 4 out of 4 stars even though I am not interested in physics. I still find that people will enjoy the novel's storyline as I did. I also found that the ending was perfect. I found the book an easy read even with the physics being explained.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

I really dont want to say much about this book. I could not understand some part of this book. The whole qauntum physics thing was too complex. I disliked the sex scene. I just loved how much the author invested to make his readers love this book.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

gave it a 2 out of 4 rating. I loved the scientific aspects of it, but I wish I understood it more. I think the author could widen his audience by explaining it better, maybe with less technical terms. I'd recommend this to my friends who are knowledgeable about physics. I think they'd appreciate the way the author puts the works of prominent physicists in a new light, and shows the possibilities of time travel.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I appreciate the author's combination of mystery and science fiction, as well as the use of illustrations and descriptions to explain concepts. Reading this book was an enjoyable and educational experience for me. I rated it five out of five stars.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 10:20 I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. It's good, but far from perfect. My impression is that the author used speculations based on quantum physics to develop reflections that are more philosophical and existential. I mean, there are discussions between Ron and Regina about the nature of time and its consequences that go beyond science. Towards the end (here's a little spoiler) there's a discussion about what could happen if you go timey-wimey and try to change the future and all that happens then that go well beyond our scientific knowledge. I'd recommend it to people who like this kind of speculations, certainly not to people interested in action-packed stories.
Those kind of speculations are actually what I love. That explains why I enjoyed the book so much. I was surprised to see that you rated this book anything less than a perfect score. However, as I read down your comment, I understood why. I really enjoyed reading the book and would highly recommend it to anyone whoves science fictions.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Reading people's opinions here in this forum kind of surprises me. There is me, praising the book because I absolutely loved it. And there are other people that it bored to death. This is why I love discussing books, people have different experiences for one book!
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Aisha_123 wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 10:06 I rated it a 3 out of 4 stars. The theories were mentally tasking as I do not know a thing about quantum physics. I felt the author should have simplified them. Regardless, I still enjoyed the plot. Ron is a thought-provoking character. I wondered all through the kind of person he is. I also liked the ironic ending. Overall, the book was okay.
I understand your plight. If I wasn't science inclined, it would have been frustrating for me too to read this book. The author could have simplified some things, as you said. This would have made it easier for a lot of readers.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Gift5 wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 13:14 I rate Timewise a 4 out of 4 because i am impressed with the authors ability to describe clearly the scientific details he talked about, especially relating to quantum physics.
Glad to see another reader that rated this book four out of four stars too. The author is grounded in quantum physics and this is evident by how he clearly discussed them in this book. I enjoyed reading every bit of this book.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Swirliegirlie wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 17:16 I gave this book a 3 out of 4 rating. I found the story and concepts mentioned very interesting but myself could not follow all of the science explained well. Some ideas are easier than others to understand and maybe someone who has a background in physics would be able to follow the ideas a bit better. Overall i found it a very intriguing story and loved how much it made me think outside my normal ideas and way of thinking. I highly recommend this book!
It will be significantly difficult for any reader who is not science inclined to fully enjoy this book, especially those who haven't read much on physics. I think that reading more science fiction will definitely help.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”