A study in Fictional Detectives

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PepperedPenelope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pepperedpenelope.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

A study in Fictional Detectives

Post by PepperedPenelope »

I have had the Sherlock Holmes books on my bookshelf for as long as I can remember. I actually have several different versions because I just love the stories so much. Over the past year I decided to do a study in fictional detectives. I travelled back to Poe and read about Auguste Dupin's adventures. I travelled down the Nile and across Europe with Agatha Christie and Monsieur Poirot. I have also fought malevolent ghosts with PC Peter grant and Ben Aaronovitch.

I would like to open up a discussion of favorite fictional detectives - or ones that you may not have liked... If you would like to suggest books too, I would love to add to my "to be read" pile! :tiphat:
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

I recently finished reading the sentence is death by Anthony Horowitz and I absolutely loved Daniel Hawthorne. It might have been largely influenced by Horowitz's writing, though.
arshi_anjum
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by arshi_anjum »

I recently read The Colour of Death by Michael Cordy and it's simply brilliant! The story is very engaging.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”