Official Review: Almost Mortal by Christopher Leibig

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Re: Official Review: Almost Mortal by Christopher Leibig

Post by jaliper »

Im seriously not a fan of crime books but I'd like to give it a try. Perhaps this is a good avenue to start. I wanna know too how this one pans out. Thanks!
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Almost Mortal by Christopher Leibig offers something unique as it tells its story in two streams: the straightforward telling of the story, with Sam as the lead character, and the journal of X. How these streams converge toward a conclusion will be something to look forward to, although my expectations about this serial killer mystery have been tempered by prospero360's review. Sam reading the journal and finding similarities between his life and that of X is quite intriguing for me. It spurred wild theories in my mind. Hopefully, I hit them right.
Lia81
Favorite Book: Four Funny Potatoes!
Currently Reading: Mining for Alaskan Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Lia81 »

Nice review !i am curious to read the whole because of the two stories. I just read the sample and i liked it very much a gifted attorney ,a mysterious nun a serialkiller.i liked the writing of the author especislly for his vivid description of the characters .I purchased the whole book ,i believe that i will not be disappointed ..i will read it and i will be back .
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

I like reading investigative stories. Although there are some issues I think I would like to read the book. This is a good and honest review, from the analysis and the rating.
raheela49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by raheela49 »

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Almost Mortal’ by Christopher Leibig. I promised myself that I would only read a few chapters at a time, however, I found it difficult to put my Kindle down and I would carry on reading.
The story is full of suspense and this is what kept me going. All I wanted to do was to find out who the Rosslyn Ripper murderer was, and just when you think everything is alright then there a twist to the story.
‘Almost Mortal’ is worth reading if you like suspense. I loved it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”