Official Review: Kamayakshipuram by Biju Vasudevan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Kamayakshipuram by Biju Vasudevan

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kamayakshipuram" by Biju Vasudevan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kamayakshipuram is a fictional novel by Biju Vasudevan. This book is 184 pages and 26 chapters. I will be recommending this novel to lovers of a fictional story with erotic contents. This book contains sexually explicit material. Therefore, read with caution.

Kamayakshipuram is a town which is now in critical condition. In Kamayakshipuram, the sun is scorching, the water supply is erratic and inadequate, drought and associated famine are dominant, and death and deprivation are everywhere. The Kamayakshi Amman (The Tantric Presiding Demon Goddess of Kamayakshipuram) is displeased with her people. There is an urgent need for a solution to be found, if not, the town and it's people will end up in destruction. Only a man who has the seven qualities needed by the Goddess can save the town.

Prakash is from a middle-class family in Hosur. He is a computer engineer who was married off to the daughter of the highest bidder by his parent. He had been married to Padma for some time and there is no fruit of the womb. Padma was desperate to have a child for she was tired of the constant insults from her mother-in-law. They met with a sorceress who asked Prakash to embark on a pilgrimage to Kamayakshipuram to seek advice from the head priestess. He did not know that the journey will change his life forever as he found himself in “The House of the Walking Dead”.

Will the journey be fruitful? What will happen to Prakash? What is the faith of the town?

I always love a book which surprises me. This book did just that. It is religious, sexual and interesting. I enjoyed every bit of it. The storyline really got to me as the author carefully made it relatable. The book states good reasons why humans had gone far away from Supreme Beings. It also brings to view that ways of a Supreme Being is far beyond human comprehension and understanding.

The book rightly depicts the culture of Indian people concerning marriage. I was shocked at first when I read about Prakash’s parent offering him to the highest bidder for marriage. This prompts me to research about Indian culture on marriage. I can now boldly say that the information was accurate.

I love the character of Nagamma. The author did a good job on this character as she speaks words that are poetic. I also enjoyed reading the dialogue between Padma and Prakash as it rightly depicts their frustration concerning child issue.

The book is still in need of little editing because of the few errors that I noticed. These errors did not affect the flow of the story.Therefore, I rate Kamayakshipuram 4 out of 4 stars.

Kamayakshipuram
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This book has a lot of dimensions to it. It talks about the spiritual relationships between human beings and their God or a demon. It highlights the effects of a childless marriage, and also touches on eroticism. These are all relatable issues to most persons. Thank you for your comprehensive review.
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

I always love it when a book teaches you something new about different cultures. I'm glad you liked the book.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

While I enjoy this genre, there is something that turns me off from this book, like the demon goddess. I think I'll pass, but thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I've always been a fan of the Indian culture but offering your child to the highest bidder in marriage doesn't sit well with me. Sounds like a great book though, thanks for a great review!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

This book interestingly explores the Indian culture, not only on marriage, but on childlessness, and also on religious beliefs. These kind of stories are not common, therefore are a welcome change. The caution though that the book contains explicit sexual material makes me hesitate to go for it, however. Thank you for this review!
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I think this is a book I might enjoy reading. The blend of religion, culture and sex looks intriguing. Also am eager to know more on India culture and norms and this looks like a mine. I enjoyed reading your review its so detailed, thanks.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

From your summary of this book, I would love to read it.I just hope the editing issues would not interrupt the flow of the story as you said.Thanks for the wonderful review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

It would be interesting to learn some Indian culture in a furious narration. It's just that the book has very many dimensions. Thanks for the insightful review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I can hardly pronounce the title of this book.I would have preferred if it was in English.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”