Official Review: 60th & Haverford by Neal Goldstein

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Re: Official Review: 60th & Haverford by Neal Goldstein

Post by Shas F »

Shas F wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 03:23 I closely follow Pope Francis and his pronouncements as one of the most important leaders in history and a head of a church at the cusp of profound changes. So, it is with interest that I view 60th & Haverford by Neal Goldstein, because the Pope is used as a significant figure from reality to ground this page turner on drug trafficking.
Just adding a few more thoughts: I'd be interested to know if the book presents a lot of insights into why America's war on drugs and their social as well as medical rehabilitation strategies do not seem to be enough to stop drug addiction in the US. While some commenters cite police corruption, which is a valid point, is America's liberal and libertarian culture a factor too? In a wealthy country that puts a lot of legal weight behind individual rights and liberties, strong law enforcement against illegal drug use may just be out of reach.
Barchue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Barchue »

The work by the author is a text that look at culture and decay in a larger sense. and despite its limited projection of society, it offers a broad perspective of what a particular society can possibly become.Thank for the review
xcarretero76
Currently Reading: Love money money loves you
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xcarretero76.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by xcarretero76 »

Crime novels are not my favorite, but I enjoy your review and comments about the book, characters and ending.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”