Music Notes By Manning Wolfe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Music Notes By Manning Wolfe

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Music Notes: Merit Bridges Legal Thriller Book 2

STORY-LINE:

Texas lady lawyer Merit Bridges has her hands full in Music Notes. She volunteers for various organizations to help the needy, supports many groups financially, and has a highly successful practice with many wealthy clients. Not all her clients are wealthy as we see with Liam Nolan. Once an ultra-rich rock singer and songwriter, he hit bottom after too much booze, women, and drugs. Seeking redemption, he contracts our lady lawyer and enters a homeless shelter as he starts putting his life back together.

However, danger is stalking Liam. After he is murdered, Merit finds herself in a fight for her practice, her clients, her integrity, and her life. She is also trying to help Davey Ray Bell who claims he's Liam's long forgotten son. She is hit from all sides as she fights a foe without any moral compass L. A. Barron is determined to have it all from Liam's will probate and royalties from his songs to deals made under the table; he vengefully plans to destroy our fierce lady lawyer and her firm in the process. Nothing is beneath Barron, not even murder. Come along for an "edge of your seat " story of murder and greed in this tale of good versus evil. My suspense mystery book reviews follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Manning Wolfe crafted a novel I could not put down. Grabbing me from the first paragraph, I raced forward to the action-packed finale. Her characters are fully developed and believable. The antagonist, L. A. Barron, is a vastly unlikable man who allows greed and selfishness to take over his life at an early age. Merit and her team are moral, upstanding, and ethical to a fault. They must face the question of how far are they willing to go to counter this evil; an evil determined to destroy everything they have built.

Adding in bits of humor and a variety of personalities gives this tale a realistic feel. The reader sees the human side of lawyers rather than the "greedy, dishonest lawyer" facade often believed by the public; you will find a legal team you would love to have as friends. By the time I closed my E-reader, I felt I intimately knew each member of the team.

The plotting of this tale is skillful, intriguing, and kept me on the edge of my seat. When I thought L. A. Barron could not fall any further into insane evil, he would find another avenue to torment and harass our heroine. Using the dark web to infiltrate Merit's life is extremely scary and mind-boggling. It is frightening how damaging and believable "fake news" becomes once released on the web. Wolfe's story should teach all of us a lesson in discernment; take nothing on the internet or in print at face value.

MY OPINION:

I found this an intriguing, suspenseful, and action-packed tale with well-developed characters. Along with a well-developed storyline and plotting which is excellent. I like novels which keep me on the edge of my seat gasping and guessing what is coming next; this novel fits the bill to a T. Music Notes is a perfect weekend read; I enjoyed my journey through the music industry, the dark web, and a law firm on the side of good.

MUSIC NOTES RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this novel for myself or a friend.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE

Additionally, I received a copy from the Bookreviews4you and the author. I chose to review the novel with honest book reviews voluntarily. Lastly, reviews of any novel are dependent on the author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions.
Attachments
51jQwO1uc2L._SY346_.jpg
51jQwO1uc2L._SY346_.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”