Official Review: Unshielded Past by Patti Morelli

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bancroft
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bancroft.html
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli

Official Review: Unshielded Past by Patti Morelli

Post by Bancroft »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unshielded Past by Patti Morelli is a fictional book. It is the next episode of Shielded Past and the story begins, from where it ended in the first sequel. Patti Morelli is good at writing suspense and thriller stories. This is the second book written by her. She did a beautiful job in writing this novel. The story in the book is so interesting that I finished reading the book in two days. Normally it takes a week or two to finish such a book, but this was outstanding.

The book consists of twenty-seven chapters, and they are connected with each other. The book begins with Kate’s mother known as Annabelle. She explains the real story of Kate’s father, and she wants to meet her granddaughter, Bella. In this way, Kate and his family unite, and they untie the knots of misconceptions. Similarly, Annie discovers her mother and father. There is a state of happiness among all the family members but then comes the mysteries which are solved until the end of the novel.

The novel is a beautiful composition of happiness and suspense. Patti Morelli creates beautiful characters which are decent in look. There are a number of characters in the novel, but it is the beauty of the writer that one remembers all the characters and does not confuse with each other. The story of redemption fascinated me, and I want to have such social justice in our society. The novel is not a happy ending, but it ends with another suspense which will be the beginning of another sequel.

The novel is about family reunion and redemption. In the beginning, Kate meets her mother and then Annie meets her father and mother. In this way, two families reunite and then start solving the mysteries of past. The novel is a composition of suspense, thriller, and adventure. It is full of glad and miserable events. We come to know about the involvement of Law department in illegal activities. Even the Department of Justice is involved in crimes.

The novel is interesting but there are few things which are not good for readers such as vulnerable punishments, use of foul language and molestation of children. There are vulnerable punishments to the women in this novel. It would be dreadful for someone to know about such punishments.

I rate Unshielded Past by Patti Morelli 3 out of 4 stars. It would have been 4 out of stars if there was no use of foul language. There should be no use of vulnerable punishments. The book was quite interesting and full of suspense. I would recommend this book to thriller, adventure, and suspense lovers. This book is also for those who love romance.

Unshielded Past
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bancroft's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Unshielded Past" by Patti Morelli
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I'm sorry but the summary of the review does not build a sufficient picture in my mind for me too want this book. The genre of this book seem to be very interesting. Please give more details on the summary! The book seem to be good and the details mentioned are also good but the summary is insufficient.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

The abuse part of this does turn me off. Still, this sounds like an intense and interesting read for those that don't mind that. Your review was quite informative. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A mystery in a family? This reminds me of Mexican soap operas. LOL. I usually enjoy romance stories but I'll pass on this one because of the theme of molestation of children mentioned in it. I know those things do happen in the real world, but I prefer not to read about them. Thanks for the detailed review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Family reunion and redemption? That is catchy to me. When you mention about the vulnerable punishment, that made me think twice to read this book. Still, thank you for your informative review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Family reunion and mysteries to solve? As said above, that sounds like a soap opera. This is clearly an entertaining thriller. Thanks for the review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Thanks for the review, which I enjoyed. I agree with other posters that accounts of things like child abuse are obviously distressing, but certain books (and it seems this is one of them) are not realistic without them, as long as they are not sensationalised.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
meryna kate73
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by meryna kate73 »

Thanks for the great review which is a mixture of suspense, mystery. It is fast paced and am sure would appeal to all..but the foul language and child molestation quite disturbing though it happens in society. I would also give it 3 out of 4 ***...

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”