Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by EricaWilson »

The Girl Who Lived by Christopher Greyson was absolutely amazing. It is about a girl who escaped from a murderer 10 years ago. Survivor's guilt threatens to overwhelm her, and she is hunted by the killer again after being released from the psychiatric hospital. The problem is: no one else believes the killer is coming after her.
This book was filled with so many plot twists and was packed with suspense. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a thrilling read.
Vrvaibhav
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vrvaibhav »

And Then There Were None is a great #crime #thriller #mystery book by author name Agatha Christie till the end i can be sure u won't be able to guss anything about next phase the book is going to turn into
41yravidreader
Favorite Book: The Penny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by 41yravidreader »

I am currently reading John Grisham The firm and it is must for crime book buffs
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

I recently finished The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn and thoroughly enjoyed this psychological thriller!

The story follows Anna Fox as she deals with being confined to her house due to agoraphobia. The story unfolds through flashbacks with her family, interaction with an online support group, discussions with her tenant and visitors, and through the lens of her camera as she watches the comings and goings of her neighborhood. When she seeks to relay events to others, including at one point the police, her story is called into question due to the fact that Anna also has a serious drinking problem.

I am one who can typically figure out what happens next, or predict an ending. This book had so many twists and possible sub-plots that it kept me guessing until the reveal. It was fantastic!

I highly recommend this book!
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

The Secrets She Keeps by Michael Robotham is a psychological thriller that kept me reading through the night. It’s filled with plot twists that you will never see coming. Give it a try !
Ritch_Bentley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritch-bentley.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Ritch_Bentley »

GrizzlyBear wrote: 11 Dec 2016, 19:24 Michael Connelly and his Bosch series (which Amazon made into a two-season TV series) is always another one of my favorites. Fresh scenarios will never let you down!
I give a big thumbs up to this as well. I've read most of them, and completely agree how each book feels fresh, when other crime series can sometimes fall into the same-old formula. The Amazon series is also binge-worthy. Can't wait for the 4th season.
LadyTL67
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladytl67.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyTL67 »

I am new to this, but I love Stephen King and James Patterson books because I am really into scary, bloody, gore and really enjoy their writings.
I have read too many to name them, but plan on continuing my library with these writers.
Melissa21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Melissa21 »

I like a lot of diffrent books stephen king is an amazing author love his books, I also enjoy reading authors books whom ive never met. Its nice exploring new topics an authors
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I'd say out of my top 10 books half are crime/ thriller/ murder/ mystery type books

4 of them feature serial killers

Perfection- Walter Satterthwait
This book features a serial killer who targets obese woman and carves their bodies to the ideal/ perfect body type.

The Sculptor- Gregory Funaro
This serial killer kidnaps people and makes composite classical sculptures with their bodies, by fusing different victims and animals together and then covers them with crushed marble.

18 Seconds- George D. Shuman
There is a blind psychic who uses her supernatural abilities to find a serial killer who targets young women. Her power is the ability to touch a dead person and see/ hear their last 18 seconds of life, she can sometimes know their last thoughts.

Neuropath- R Scott Bakker
A psychologist begins to kidnap people and experiment on areas of their brains.

I enjoy all of these books, they may be too disturbing for some. All of the characters are so well written and complex. You can never guess how its gonna end or who the killer is in some of these books. I hope more people read these books.
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

I’m a sucker for James Patterson and have read them all. I especially love the Alex Cross series. However, in the last several years, Patterson has co-authored a number of books which I find much less interesting and not nearly as well-written. Now I stick strictly to the Patterson originals.
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Hey Guys,

Would you please recommend me a book along the lines of 'Terror' by Dan Simmons. I'd really love to read a similar book - dark, gritty and adventurous. Thanks in advance! :)
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

I recently recommend The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn to a friend. He echos my recommendation! So well written, and it will keep you guessing until the end!
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

If you love crime, then you must read the Lucas Davenport series (prey series) by John Sanford.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 04:46
I love the alphabet series by Sue Grafton, I was so sad to hear that she passed away and that she only got to Y is for Yesterday.
Oh, dear! I feel like I have lost a close friend. I was even thinking she should continue the series with numbers after Z gets done. I have read Alibi to X and am eager to get my copy of Y. I am shattered! I will miss Kinsey and Sue.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Jamasenu wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 02:39 If you love crime, then you must read the Lucas Davenport series (prey series) by John Sanford.
John Sandford has a new hero in Virgil Flowers; Virgil is a young Davenport. I also love Sandford's books.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”