Dan Brown's Robert Langdon series.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Re: Dan Brown's Robert Langdon series.

Post by Monet_va »

Robert Langdon is one of the best characters I've read about in a long time! Everything from his incredible intelligence to his Mickey Mouse watch was entertaining. I also love how Dan Brown makes me want to learn more about the places he writes about.
Ardentreader_19
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: The misery
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ardentreader-19.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ardentreader_19 »

Dan Brown is one of my favourite authors. His books like "The Lost Symbol", "Da Vinci Code "... etc are amazing. We are always able to learn new things while reading his book. Reading a book written by Dan Brown is similar to doing scientific research but in the most interesting way.Also his characters are well-constructed.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

AHenderson42 wrote: 09 Oct 2015, 21:41 They are all great aren't they? They all have the Brown conspiracy feel (made more realistic by his EXCELLENT fact checking), but they are all different as well. To me "Angels and Demons" was more actively heart-pounding and "The DaVinci Code" was more psych you out thrilling. Did anyone else get that vibe?
Yes! I read "The Da Vinci Code" and saw the movie "Angels and Demons". That scene where Ewan McGregor jumps from a helicopter is absolutely majestic. And don't get me started with the ending. Da Vinci seemed more suspenseful, never knowing where the bad guys were lurking.

All in all, two great stories.
nikhilkrishna2003
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: 281 and beyond
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhilkrishna2003.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by nikhilkrishna2003 »

All of Dan Brown's books are gold.
I first read Deception Point and loved it. The next on I read was Digital fortress which was great, but i felt it was a bit too much like deception point.
The Robert Langdon series is, according to me, one of the best series ever with all the five books filled with suspense and were deeply engrossing.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Nimisha_91 »

Angels and demons is my favourite Dan Brown. His writing is so intelligent and complicated. Although I have to say, they're very similar to each other. I wasn't that impressed with 'The lost symbol'
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

I have read them all. Once started I struggled to put the book down, the pace is amazing. I hope there will be more books to continue the series after "Origin".
rodhruv-2005
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rodhruv-2005 »

I agree with Nimisha. My favourites were Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code, while I felt that the lost symbol simply didn't captivate me that much. To me it felt like a knock off version similar to his other books
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I have read all of Dan Brown's books but loved Origin the most. I have recently written a review of Origin and am requesting everyone to take a look and give me some pointers.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I just don't know how to emphasize when I say I love this Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown. The writer seems so intelligent and witty to me. The book Angels and Demons was literally something I couldn't put down. And, yeah same goes for the other books too. The plot is so greatly crafted and the writing style is so vibrant. I simply loved it!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”