Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
G Hein
Currently Reading: Revenge Of The Tide
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Post by G Hein »

My favourite series is definitely the Alex Cross series.
sunnystaceyb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sunnystaceyb »

If it has James Patterson's name on it, then I have to have it in my life! It's so hard to choose a favorite because I love them all. Women's Murder Club is awesome, and I feel like I know Alex Cross personally. My mom and brother adored the Maximum Ride series. This has me wanting to re-read the ones I have at home right now!
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

I am an avid Patterson fan and have read all the books in every one of his mystery series. Being a completest, I have also read all of his Young Adult series and I am slowly making my way through his middle school books and his various stand alone books.

The Alex Cross books are great when one is in the mood for a psychological crime thriller. The crime stories are great, but the personal subplots don't always hook the reader. The Cross kids are just a bit too perfect. I do enjoy Nana Mama.

The Michael Bennett books are less edgy and even though his grandpa and the nanny are stereotypical, the large family is highly unusual, but the kids are more realistic and the personal story more interesting. I

Women's Murder Club makes for a great beach book. The stories include a combination of mysteries to solve and romance.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
mstoya901
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstoya901.html

Post by mstoya901 »

My favorite James Patterson series is the Women's Murder Club you will totally get pulled right into the book I always have to snap back to reality after reading one of these books thinking now I should reread them from book one that's bow good they are
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

All the books I have read by James Patterson have been wonderful. I really enjoy the Women's Murder Club series.
TRUpshur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trupshur.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TRUpshur »

I just recently discovered the Women's Murder Club as well. I'm loving it. I would watch this on TV. The Maximum Ride series is next on my list.
jbarrows1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbarrows1015.html

Post by jbarrows1015 »

I just love all of his Alex Cross books! I cant put them down when reading them! They keep me at the edge of my seat wanting more.
MythicDrmR
Currently Reading: Empire of Night
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mythicdrmr.html

Post by MythicDrmR »

My favorite has to be the Private series. I listened to them through my library's digital media. When they were in the foreign locations like Australia, India, and Berlin the readers spoke with the regional accent, giving the stories even more intensity. I am looking forward to Private in the future.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

In response this forum, I have to say my favorite series is his Alex Cross series. I have read a few them, not in order. I have just started reading them in order. I cant wait until I get through all of the books in the series because I absolutely love the series. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of his other series, but plan to once I have finished this one.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

My favorite James Patterson book series would be the Women's Murder Club. As soon as I finish this series I'll jump right into the Alex Cross Series.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I am a fan of his Woman's Murder Club series. When I want something a little darker, I reach for one of his Alex Cross novels. He is a great writer and never disappoints.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
sherellchri
Currently Reading:

Post by sherellchri »

My favorite series is DEFINITELY Alex Cross! You really don’t have to read them in order, but do advise you do. They do somewhat reflect to previous books but not a lot. The books are very mysterious and once you get started it hard to stop! Thank you so much James Patterson for such an amazing adventure!
Amd511

Post by Amd511 »

My favorite James Patterson series are definitely The Women’s Murder Club as well as the Alex Cross series. I suggest you read both in order, although it is not necessary! Additionally, he has a lot of great stand alone books (The President is Missing) and his Book Shots, which reflect and summarize the Women’s Murder Club and Alex Cross series.
frapeso953

Post by frapeso953 »

There is no other, more captivating author than James Patterson. I usually read his books twice, sometimes 3 times, getting more out of each reading.
miss_chexcel

Post by miss_chexcel »

If you’re planning to read James Patterson’s work. Highly suggested to collet his Alex Cross Series. His manifestations, make you not to down the book your reading. Highly recommended.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”