Review of Jurassic Parts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of Jurassic Parts

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jurassic Parts" by Byron Frimp and Maggio Slooter.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jurassic Parts is a fictional mystery novel written by Bryon Frimp and Maggio Slooter. It consists of sixty chapters that follow the enigmatic Charlemagne "The Otter" Caine, a former vigilante/ private detective, as he attempts to enjoy his pre-wedding vacation with his fiancee, Fallon Tate-Wellingham.

The book opens with the jurassic fossils of Katie, stolen from a prominent museum in Calgary, Canada. Also, a serial killer with a vendetta against vigilantes decides that The Otter will be his final victim. It is in the midst of these events that our protagonists decide to make the unconventional decision to go on their honeymoon before marriage and randomly choose Calgary, Canada, as the destination. This decision sends them on an adventure filled with high jinxes, serial killers, smugglers, deviant couples, and much more. Will our heroes survive this trip? Find out in this amazing book.

There is a lot to love about this book. I liked the language used throughout the book. It was easy to follow yet filled with hilarious sarcasm and Otter-based puns. I loved the plot. The main story was interesting in and of itself, with the dynamics between The Otter and Fallon keeping me engaged for most of the plot and laughing for the rest of it. However, the authors go over and beyond with amazing side stories that are great in their own right and link up with the main story in some of the most unexpected ways.

I also loved The Otter. He is equally one of the luckiest and most unfortunate individuals I have read about. With almost no effort on his part, he is able to attract trouble to himself, yet he escapes death without even knowing of the impending danger. I also appreciated Russell's backstory. Though it is a ridiculous rewrite of a famous superhero's origin, it helped me understand his motivations. The book is filled with other interesting characters, from the attractive and deadly duo of Sam and Lila to the faithful but very unfortunate Osgood Rothschild, to the ruthless Godmother Lenora, to the "harmless" elderly couple, Frank and Betty. There is truly a lot to enjoy in this book.

I found no negative aspects while reading this book. I found no errors within this book as it was professionally edited. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The interesting nature of Charlie's and Fallon's adventure, coupled with its wealth of engaging characters, ensured my satisfaction with the book. As a result, I could not rate it lower. I recommend this book to lovers of mystery novels.

Jurassic Parts
View: on Bookshelves
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Oh how I love mystery novels and by reading your review I already love the book. Will be reading it very soon. Thanks for the review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There does seem to be a lot to love here. I hope that Charlemagne and Fallon find what they are looking for without getting themselves killed.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I adore mystery books, and after reading your review, I'm instantly smitten. I hope Fallon and Charlemagne succeed in their quest without meeting a fatal end. I'm going to read it soon. In your review, you effectively encapsulated the essence of the book. Congrats!
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I want to know if they made it out alive or how everything turned out. Otto seems like a person you'd fall in love with. Your review was well detailed
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Don't know why but I absolutely love serial killer novels. Can't wait to check this one out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The Otter seems like a unique character who is a good part of what makes this mystery engaging together with other well-developed characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I love books filled with mystery and suspense and I hope to add this to my collection. I also love the sarcasm which you have said exists in the book. Your well-detailed, well-written, and informative review helped with this.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”