Review of The Fatal Creation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Review of The Fatal Creation

Post by Ceeco2002 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fatal Creation" by Julie Bergman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sergent Evelyn McGregor (Mac) works as a paralegal in the Air Force and occasionally as a defense investigator. When an unexpected murder case arises on base, Mac and her boss, Stanton, must work together to uncover the truth behind the murder. Senior Airman Terrel Johnson, the prime suspect, is questioned regarding the murder of his wife, Zonira. Johnson claims he is innocent and would never hurt his wife as he loved her very dearly. With great sadness and grief, he recounts to them all that happened between him and her on that day before she was gruesomely murdered. After listening to him and asking him several additional questions, Stanton reassures him that they will do everything they possibly can for him and get to the bottom of this case.

Mac begins to investigate the murder. This leads her to the discovery of similar cases and killings like Zonira's. She studies these cases closely and finds out that the victims have similar physical appearances to Zonira. What's more, they were all brutally murdered in the same manner and have the same wound patterns as Zonira. Does this mean these killings are connected? What are the chances that these are the deeds of a psychotic serial killer out there? Could there be more to this case than meets the eye? Find out by reading The Fatal Creation by Julie Bergman.

The Fatal Creation is the first book in the A Sergent Evelyn "Mac" McGregor Thriller series. The author has done a superb job with the character development in this crime and suspense thriller. I loved how she described each character distinctively according to the individual roles they played, like the killer, the detective, and the victims. Her descriptive talent made it easy for me to visualize each character's feelings, thoughts, and experiences. Mac was the book's most memorable character to me. She was a determined, brave, and feisty woman who always persevered in the face of difficulties. She persisted in her quest to identify the perpetrator of the crimes despite the threats to her career, the injury to her reputation, and the danger to her personal safety. Another exciting aspect of this book that I found enjoyable was the romance between Mac and Hudson. Despite their initial reluctance, I thought it was lovely how they gradually came to trust and care passionately for each other.

This book had a fast-paced and easygoing plot that kept me turning the pages, eager to find out what would happen next. The narration was vivid and quite engaging. The author's writing style was also fluid and easy to grasp. Readers will be engrossed in this novel from start to finish owing to the suspense, mystery, romance, and humor contained in it. I simply can't wait to read the next book in the series.

On the other hand, the book has a few flaws. I came across several errors while reading. Although my reading experience was not hampered, the many errors I found reflect poorly on the editing of the book. Also, this book lacked page numbers. This made it difficult for me to refer back to earlier readings and posed a challenge for me.

Due to the flaws mentioned above, I give The Fatal Creation a rating of three out of four stars. I recommend this book to lovers of crime and suspense thrillers, as they would find this book purely satisfying and worth the read. I also recommend this book to a mature audience due to the explicit sexual and gory scenes contained within it.

The Fatal Creation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mahid Riyan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mahid Riyan »

FATAL CREATION is really a good book. Ithink this part.. unexpected murder case arises on base, Mac and her boss, Stanton, must work together to uncover the truth behind the murder. Senior Airman Terrel Johnson, the prime suspect, is questioned regarding the murder of his wife, Zonira. Johnson...is very great
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I'm not looking for a new series right now, but this sounds great. I like to think that I'd be a good detective, but the truth is, I miss lots of stuff.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

These killers that kill people who look the same using the same pattern usually have had an incident which propels them. I look forward to seeing Zonira's killer brought to justice. Nice review.
sarah woodard 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sarah woodard 1 »

I love a great detective book,I am not one for a book series.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

The cover and title are stunning. I know never to judge a book by its cover, but it looks so amazing. I'm not sure why book did not have page number, but that is quite unusual.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

That cover is fantastic and your review only adds to it. Great stuff.
it is what it is ....
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

That cover is fantastic and your review only adds to it. Great stuff.
it is what it is ....
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

This one involves a murder case like most typical crime story, but it is quite unique die to the author's effort in it's characterization. It has a good cover too. Thanks for your honest review.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

This makes me think that Zonira was the victim of a serial killer's plot. It makes me wonder how they are linked.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller centered around a number of murders of women who show similar physical appearances. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”