Review of The Handler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Review of The Handler

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Handler" by Jeffrey S. Stephens.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Driven by a part of the Koran in 22:19 that says, “Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, and boiling water to melt their skin and bellies,” these enraged Muslims began terrorizing Christians, Americans, and anyone they consider an infidel. In this action-packed crime thriller, readers are taken on a rollercoaster of events, how Nicholas Reagan, a clandestine CIA agent, and other law enforcement agencies tried to stop these attacks.

Things get more complicated when Anatole Mindlovitch’s latest invention, the Ghost Chip, was stolen. This technology can render a smartphone or computer totally hack-proof and untraceable. What would happen if it gets in the wrong hands, like ISIS or Al Qaeda? Would these terrorists be eventually stopped? I suggest you read this book to find out.

The Handler: A Nick Reagan Thriller by Jeffrey S. Stephens is not your regular crime thriller. It has a unique plot, and the way the story played out was incredible. The writing style was easy to understand. This book was written in the third person, with viewpoints taken from different characters. Many themes such as criticism, terrorism, love, religion, explosives, crime, and politics were explored, but terrorism was predominant. The author was in good control of his use of suspense in this book, as I kept on wondering what the next turn of events would be.

What attracted me to this book was its well-designed cover which spoke volumes about its content. The book title would leave readers eager to find out what the book contains. It was unnecessary to divide the book into three parts, seeing as the story flowed well in chapters. The author did a good job on character development. The characters were all real and relatable. I didn’t like the fact that he portrayed Reagan as an overly good agent who is incapable of making mistakes. His instincts were always right.

While reading this book, I noted just two errors, but they did not deter my overall enjoyment of the book. The positive aspects of this book supersede the negative aspects, so I cheerfully rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Though this book is mostly about people who believe in Allah terrorizing unbelievers, it is suitable for all religions, as it doesn’t condemn any. I recommend this book to people who love good action and crime thrillers involving terrorism and don’t mind the use of profane language.

The Handler
View: on Bookshelves
Karmin Heinaman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karmin Heinaman »

I honestly love this book it as all the action and crime I love Ina book
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

It would be wonderful to have technology that can hackproof phones and computers. Although in a situation like this one where Muslims declare war on everyone they consider infidels I do not believe that would be a great help.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

from this review, i cant but say that the storyline is powerful and the author did a great job. nice review.
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

This seems like a well-written book with a unique story line. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I just hope this ghost chip doesn't fall into the wrong hands. I can't wait to find out how these religious extremist were dealt with.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I also found the cover very eye-catching. Will definitely be picking this up thanks to your review. Good stuff.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging thriller well constructing using the current international social and political situation with the terrorist threat. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

I love the first paragraph of this review, and it somehow paints a picture of what is happening today. Most people act based on what they think is right. I love the plot and the storyline of this book. I'd love to know how Nicholas handled the situation. Thanks for your honest review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

It seems like an exciting Crime/thriller with well-developed characters and good for those that like a plot driven novel.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”