Review of Idiot Wind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Review of Idiot Wind

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Idiot Wind" by Michael Broihier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Idiot Wind tells the story of the unraveling of a mystery, with Michael at the center of it all. Upon his arrival in England, Michael's path crossed with Jack Laidlaw's. As fate had it, Jack offered him a job, which was selling goods for him. He agreed and commenced his duties using a boat named Idiot Wind. His job was pretty straightforward and well defined until dead bodies were found in different places, especially the canal. He was on the verge of being held responsible for these atrocities, and an officer who believed he was clean offered that he help find the murderer. This mission would soon include individuals like Jones, Lily, and Jack, and they would play diverse and important roles. Will they succeed?

I appreciate unpredictable books and those full of suspense. As a result, I always want to experience these elements in any fiction book I read. Commendably, this book satisfied this need of mine. In addition, although I sometimes pride myself on being able to decode mysteries, some events took me unawares. I literally screamed at the unraveling of certain events.

I cannot overlook the humour sprinkled all over the book. For instance, I laughed out loud at some variations of names Michael gave a man named Chesswick. One of the funniest was when he called him Cheeseplatter.

This novel was written from the perspective of Michael. It highlighted his life or personal activities as a boat owner, his professional activities as a product deliverer, as well as those of other residents of the Oxford Canal. Hence, there are many boat-related terms spread all over the book. As a result, they may be unfamiliar to many, as they were to me, and this could make the book a tad difficult to flow with. Nonetheless, it will be an enjoyable learning process for open-minded people or those willing to learn.

Due to the unfamiliar terms, it was not easy to flow, especially at the beginning. But since I already knew what I was getting into, I was patient enough until I got the hang of it all. So I'd advise readers like me to be patient.

Regarding the editing, I found some errors, but it was apparent that the editing was professionally done. This book was reasonably enjoyable, and my inability to grasp certain terms is due to no fault of the author. A lack of complaints about this book and an abundance of positive comments prompt me to give this book a perfect rating. Therefore, Idiot Wind by Michael Broihier deserves a rating of four out of four stars.

Those interested in life aboard and the unraveling of a mystery will be intrigued by the book. Therefore, I recommend it to them.

Idiot Wind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

This is a crime book filled with suspense. It will be interesting to read. Nice review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I would hope that I would research a perspective job better than Michael apparently did.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Though a fiction book which is not my favorite kind of book, the review is captivating and I would lobe to read the book.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

powerful review for a powerful book. the storyline is captivating and i am excited to have come across this book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The plot makes me curious about the murders and the intertwining between the characters' lives. What will Michael do? Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Dickson Kariuki
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dickson Kariuki »

Wooow i just like the suspense feeling this book left me with after reading it, i like the crime and how the murders were solved....
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

Michael is an interesting character with a good record, and I'd love to know if the mystery was solved in the end. Good plot and good storyline. Thanks for your honest review.
Ayomipo Olukoya 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomipo-olukoya-1.html
Latest Review: Apotheosis Now by Yanhao Huang
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Ayomipo Olukoya 1 »

I love mystery because it keeps you guessing and suspecting everyone. This is a nice plot and I would love to read it. Also, you gave an amazing and precise review. Weldone

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”