Review of Kaleidoscopic Shades

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Kaleidoscopic Shades

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kaleidoscopic Shades" by David A. Neuman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Within the demographics of Corona, a nightmare was prevalent among kids only. They all dreamt scary things about the man in black. This created a divide, as children experienced problems their parents couldn't identify with. Parents tried to seek help for their children, but nothing seemed to be working. Is all hope lost?

Sammy gets missing. Joshua, together with his father, Bob Triplow, must make a time-travel journey, as the fate of the human race depends on the outcome of this journey. Sammy's survival may be contingent on Joshua's decision. Bob would be reopening his terrible past, while Joshua would be visiting his future. Find out if ten-year-old Joshua can carry out this responsibility by reading Kaleidoscopic Shades by David A. Neuman.

Time travel has always been an interesting concept for me, and reading about it in this book was no exception. My favorite part of this book was the action that took place when Joshua and Bob Triplow time-traveled. There was a lot of suspense, and the scenes were filled with engrossing actions. I was eager to know the outcome. When Joshua's parents sought help for him, the health professionals told them that Joshua needed more attention. This failed, but his parents did not give up on him. They kept on trying to protect their son. The love they showered on him was delightful to read about. Sometimes, what we think is the problem with children could be wrong, and it's up to us to make them open up; if not, we could lose their trust. I also enjoyed reading about Joshua and Leon's friendship, as I could relate to it. Our worlds seem empty when we don't have our best friends to tell them things that could only be said to them. Finally, the characterization of this book was great. Each character added something new and interesting to the story.

Given that Joshua was only ten years old, I was appalled by the vulgar words used by him and his friends. Throughout this book, there was an abundance of profanities. For a book that had children at the center of the conflict, I wasn't impressed by the use of these profane words. There seemed to be a lot of unnecessary distractions from the main storyline, and this interfered with my enjoyment of this book. The story also lacked some clarity at some points.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I'm knocking a star off because of the negative aspects I stated. This book was exceptionally well edited; I did not encounter any errors in this book. I recommend this book to readers who like time travel and paranormal books.

Kaleidoscopic Shades
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Time travelling novels has also been one of my favourite novels, but as the reviewer said, it has something missing in it. Even before getting to the 4th paragraph of the review, I lost interest in the book.
It was a great review though, thanks.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I also love time travel and paranormal stuff. I would love to read this book. I'm not particularly disturbed by profanity and additional information so I will give the book a try.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

I like the plot and that time traveling is involved. reading this book would quench my curiosity I hope.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Within the demographics of Corona, a nightmare was prevalent among kids only. They all dreamt scary things about the man in black.
You got me right there! That premise for a story is unique and horrifying. (I assume you are talking about the Corona virus, not the name of some town.)
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I love books with a touch of suspense, thriller and time traveling.
Thank you for this amazing reveiw 💙
:tiphat:
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Any book that contains some element of time travel is a must-read in my books. Add an element of adventure and the paranormal you have a masterpiece. Great book. Thank you for the review.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Time travel is a concept that I always love to read about. I'm eager to find out the outcome of Bob and Joshua's journey. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Horror books and books about time travel are my two favorite things to read and here we have one with elements of both. I am sorry to hear it involved children and especially their frequent use of profanity.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

Humera955 wrote: 06 May 2022, 23:13 I love books with a touch of suspense, thriller and time traveling.
Same. Time is always an interesting factor.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging paranormal thriller with the addition of a time travel element. It looks like you never heard children talk when adults are not around... :D Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
HEPBURNS RECORDS
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscopic Shades
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hepburns-records.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by HEPBURNS RECORDS »

The book "Kaleidoscopic Shades" by David A. Neuman explores the concept of time travel and suspenseful action through the eyes of a ten-year-old boy named Joshua. The love and care shown by Joshua's parents towards their child were delightful to read about. The friendship between Joshua and Leon was also relatable. However, the excessive use of vulgar language by the young characters and the lack of clarity in some parts of the story were a downside. Overall, it's a well-edited book and recommended for readers who enjoy time travel and paranormal genres.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Time travel is, certainly, an interesting concept. It is good to see that a parent cares very much about their child and won't give up on them despite not understanding what was happening. It will be good to see the effect of the time travel on both Joshua and Bob and hence I have added the book to my shelf. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 80147
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 772%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

time travel has always been my interest concept the book created a divide as children experience problems their parents couldnt identyfy

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”