Review of The Prophecy Has Begun

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of The Prophecy Has Begun

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Prophecy Has Begun" by Alexandra Lane.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Prophecy Has Begun by Alexandra Lane, Capers was a town envied for its peace and safety until a black chevy suburban rolled into town. Pastor Wright had a bad feeling about the black chevy and its owner, Noigel Braddock. Noigel bought a house in town and started his tech business, Braddock Technologies. He intended to make many people in the town millionaires through his business. However, a series of events started to unfold. First, Allison, the real estate agent that sold the house to Noigel, skipped town. Girls were kidnapped, and Capers became shrouded with a sinister fear that no one could explain. Could it have anything to do with the stranger in town, or was it just a coincidence? What did it all have to do with the town's celebrity doctor couple, Charles and Katy Leonardis?

The author's writing was very cleanly formatted and shined forth early on. It inspired further reading and instilled trust in me that the author had something thrilling in store for me. The author's language was simple yet refined and sophisticated. It showed that the author had a way with words. This came through in the way he made descriptions like, "the mountains had a fresh blanket of snow," "...the engine stammered…," or "...the slothful clouds."

The book started on a note of suspense and mystery, which the author maintained throughout the book. The many intriguing revelations would enamor readers, and the action was also thrilling. It was amazing to see the author's creativity with the way he took a somewhat familiar story and brought it to life. Readers who loved The Legend of the Seeker would find this book appealing. The Prophecy Has Begun could be made into a television series.

The characters were real and easy to understand. Lane aptly captured the relationship dynamics of the different character groups. With Katy and Charles Leonardis, we saw that ease and understanding that characterized couples that had married for a while. With the teenage boys, Teal, IQ, James, and Stilts, the camaraderie, exuberance, and playful teasing were typical. Many times, they even came through as funny.

The Prophecy Has Begun raised the age-old argument about the existence of God and Satan. Was God truly real or just a figment of our imagination? This line of questioning was quite symbolic, as it pointed to the constant battle between good and evil or light and darkness. It represented the everyday choices we'd typically make for either of these sides and the consequences of those choices. One lesson learned from the conversation between two characters in the book, Tim Worthington and Noigel Braddock, was: "one must take responsibility for their actions whether God exists or not."

The book was about bravery, friendship, faith, and hope. For some, it might rekindle their belief in God and his works; for others, they could find reasons to remain cynical. Either way, the book was a fantastic and thought-provoking read.

The only negative thing about this book was that it seemed to drag a little bit with some repetitive cycles. However, it could be overlooked because readers might not want the book to end. Also, it had a good dose of grammar and spelling errors, enough for me to rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I'd recommend this book to readers who love stories about legends, mysteries, and even the supernatural world. Though the story's foundation was religious, the plot would be enjoyed by non-religious folks.

The Prophecy Has Begun
View: on Bookshelves
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

The book sure does sound interesting, very interesting actually.
But I'm a bit curious about what the title of the book is indicating.
The prophecy has begun. What exactly is this prophecy? The black chevy suburban arriving at the town, or the series of untold events that started to occur?
Nonetheless, it was a great review. Thanks.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I wonder what the stranger had to with the sudden turn of events in Capers. Thanks for a great review!
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The book presents many mysteries and suspense along the story. I enjoy the storyline and I look forward to reading it.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m not sure what to make of the beginning to this story. It could be anything. I’m very interested in the involvement of Charles and Katy. I guess I’ll have to read this book in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”