Review of Harvesting Evil

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Harvesting Evil

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Harvesting Evil" by CJ Wheeler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Trouble arises in Michigan when a serial killer decides to make the town his hunting ground. The story revolves around Sheriff Parker and the mysterious intruder invading the peace of Michigan. It all started in January when Kelly Robinson was reported missing. A week after her disappearance, she was found dead. Ashlynn Shaffer was also declared missing in mid-August and found dead after a week. The same fate befell Taylor Wallace two months after the incident with Ashlynn. One thing was common with the three murders: the women were raped, assaulted, killed, and dumped in an open site. Who was behind all these evil acts?

Harvesting Evil: Murder on the Lakeshore by CJ Wheeler is an amazing mystery and crime thriller mixed with romance. The commitment of Sheriff Parker to the civilians is put to the test by this evil that masquerades itself in darkness and leaves no trail behind. In unraveling this case, Parker's secret from her past began to come to light.

The unique features of each character blended in to produce this beautiful, heartwarming book. I loved that Parker had a sense of strong will, independence, and charisma. Phil was very smart but still had difficulty fitting into his duty since he was new. Agent Locke had a charming aura, and Mike was too good at his job. The storyline can be compared to a plane in a windstorm, and the writer made sure to land the plane safely.

Even as a first-time writer, according to page 3 of this book, CJ Wheeler made a strong impression on me. The writing skills, content, narrative, and everything generally impressed me. I had my eyes glued to the book in anticipation of what was coming next, and indeed, the author did not let down my expectations.

Harvesting Evil: Murder on the Lakeshore also sheds light on the issue of parental upbringing. I would not fail to mention that every national problem was once a regional problem. Every regional problem was once a community problem. Every community problem was once a family problem, and every family problem began due to the neglect of one individual.

My rating for Harvesting Evil: Murder on the Lakeshore is 4 out of 4 stars. I love every aspect of the book, and even the characters' names were a perfect match. I have no negative aspects to discuss in this book. The book was still edited professionally.

This book will greatly benefit young readers, especially teens. But it's not advisable to be read by children due to the horrific scenes and sexual content. I advise every reader to pay attention to the content and not just skim through the book. If you appreciate books on crime detection and serial killing, this book will suit you.

Harvesting Evil
View: on Bookshelves
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I love it when books storyline are constructed perfectly, and contains every single element of thrill. A book like this will surely wow any reader. Thanks for a honest review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I think lovers of crime stories would enjoy this. Your review makes me believe this is a very thrilling read. Great review.
jossy2424
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by jossy2424 »

Your review was a perfect justification to the storyline. I strongly believe that those that are interested in reading thriller stories will find the book very interesting.Thanks for a job well done in your review.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I'm impressed with your review! Simple and conscise. I would love to read this book.
peter-turo
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-turo.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by peter-turo »

Young teens will find the content helpful and insightful since they're a major prone and target as victims of rape etc. Tips on parental bringing will benefit parents while raising their children. Thanks for the nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I always enjoy a good story about a serial killer, especially when the excuses for his/her killing is also discussed. When will parents realize that their actins towards their children have consequences?
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

Books with mystery and crime investigations are a thrill for me, but in this case, seeing romance as a description for a book about a serial killer has definitely piqued my interest.
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

I am thrilled by your review, but feel a bit uneasy about a serial killer who keeps on killing women, up to three of them and who doesn't get caught easily. I would love to read this book but I feel threatened that justice might not be delivered and I hate books with tragic endings. Thanks for this review.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Tattiana Branskaya Klaase
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tattiana Branskaya Klaase »

The book relates to all crimes which involves women,example like Ted Bundy how he murdered all his victims but it was hard to catch Ted .The book is really good and having a bit of romance in the book set's the candle to light.The review is well constructed and I would love to read the book.Great job!!
Olanya Morris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Olanya Morris »

These review reminded me that problem begin(families)when we neglect each other's especially from father/mother with their children.That is the first seed of evil and the parents also the seeds for good or bad seed,it's may be confirmed after they passed to their children.Olanya Morris
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Serial killer leaving no trace behind. I admire Sheriff parker's strong will despite her past coming to light. The review was excellent i must say.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

I love a good contained thriller.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

My son lived on Lakeshore Drive in Chicago for a while. This might be a good read for both of us.
Uwakmfon-Abasi E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Uwakmfon-Abasi E »

This review reminded me of a movie I watched. The book must be interesting.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”