Review of Rough Justice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Rough Justice

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rough Justice" by Tim Crowden.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tim Crowden's Rough Justice is a crime thriller novel. It is a story with the archetypal villain and hero. It follows a simple approach of wrongdoing committed and an attempt at delivering the proper retribution.

Peter Haynes' world was turned upside down at the news of his wife's accident. Taking care of his two kids and finding out his wife was killed took its toll on him. He set out on a quest for revenge that led him to uncover a drug ring in London. In an action-packed adventure, he found new allies and had near-death experiences. Would he have enough motivation left to avenge his wife's death?

Rough Justice checked the boxes of a good crime novel. It kept me glued to the end with its appropriate writing flow and exciting characters. I was surprised at the ending having extra, unexpected scenes. I was impressed with the author going a bit further to provide closure to this good novel.

The cover of the book foretold things to come. Those familiar with the modern villain cliché would know that there'd be a yacht, usually for the high-rise parties and shady dealings on the open sea. It took away from the suspense a bit, but the author used it in his favor. Most of the actions took place on the yacht. So, it made sense that the book's cover had a yacht on it.

I loved the ingenuity of the villains during their escapades. They exhibited traits that made the protagonist's journey more meaningful and engaging. The author made sure to avoid the cliché dumb villain mold. Julian, the main antagonist, was an interesting character. His development from a simple, veteran husband to a vengeance-seeking widower was exciting to read.

The main character's background made the story plausible — an ex-military man who was family-oriented. Peter was capable of things a regular civilian wouldn't do. His experiences came to bear during his dealings with the crime world on his journey to avenge his wife's death.

I took note of the police protocols in this story, and I found them accurate. It helped make the book realistic, from the jurisdictions to the supreme order of rankings. The setting was appropriate, and deaths were bountiful. Subtle humor played a role in lighting up the mood of the story. Peter's usage of plausible deniability to trick a villain was quite hilarious.

Tim Crowden's book gave me a wonderful reading experience with minimalistic errors and no negative aspects. I'd give it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to lovers of the crime genre. Also, readers looking for a quick thrill would find it up to their expectations.

Rough Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’ve never been a single parent, but I can imagine some of the difficulties. Couple that with the search for a spouse’s killer and it would be almost impossible. If the murders aren’t too gory, this sounds like a great book.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Lovers of crime stories should enjoy reading this. Great review.
Kingsleyefebest
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kingsleyefebest »

This's a heart tauching story, I'll love to read more of it, and I wish he could get justice for his wife death
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

I would really love to read till the end of this crime story, it looks really interesting. Great review, thanks.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I love it when books storyline are constructed perfectly, and contains every single element of thrill. A book like this will surely wow any reader. Thanks for a honest review.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

Love is a powerful motivation and can make you do anything, The concept of justice can be swayed, when you heart isn't satisfied with the consequences of injustice. Majority of the time one's sense justice is the best form of closure. I am definitely looking forward to all the adventures he encounters in his journey.Thanks for the review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

I love the trope of a retired person having to use their skills again and Peter sounds like an interesting character.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a well-constructed crime thriller with a lot of action and a closure to the story, which is not that common. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Austin Debby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-debby.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Austin Debby »

Fantastic book and storyline. I hope to enjoy it as you did. Your review was excellent. Good job.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”