Review of Alice In Dreamland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Alice In Dreamland

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alice In Dreamland" by Roland S. Jefferson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a world where the majority of the population in the United States of America treacherously abandons their country. This is the story depicted in the fascinating crime thriller Alice in Dreamland by Roland S. Jefferson.

The most powerful men in the country have conspired to destroy the United States. These people are known as the "Alice committee." They have planned meticulously and have executed their agenda effectively. The biggest corporations in the country are supporting and financing their evil plan known as the Alice Dream Plan. Suddenly, a black prostitute called Pepper comes into possession of the Alice Dream Plan; which is safely stored in a flash drive. She tries to blackmail the Alice committee, but these are very powerful and dangerous people who will not allow anybody to truncate their trillion-dollar investment. Pepper's fate is sealed; she must die.

Roland delivers a captivating narrative that leaves the reader enchanted. The characters in this novel are well developed. They are very relatable because their strengths and flaws are clearly defined. For instance, Pepper is uneducated, foolish, impulsive, and Taylor, the ex-cop that she hired for her protection, is a racist alcoholic. The plot of this book is very impressive, there are unexpected events that will leave the reader fascinated. Another great aspect of this book is the pace, which is not too fast or too slow. Roland executes the story with an exciting pace such that the reader does not get bored, even for a second. There are very few errors in the text. This book is professionally edited.

The dialogues between the characters are very realistic and believable. Alice in Dreamland exposes the existence of a serious level of racism in the United States in recent years. Roland expresses the philosophy and hatred that drives racism through the thoughts and actions of the protagonists and antagonists in the story. Also, the dignity and honour of patriotism are beautifully expressed in the narrative. Roland shows this theme through the actions of Taylor, Tweety, and Marty.

I noticed just one flaw in this book; the plan of the conspirators of the Alice Dream Plan is a bit far-fetched. It is hard to believe that a lot of Americans would want to abandon their country because of their hatred for coloured people.

However, despite this flaw, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it lower because Alice in Dreamland is an enthralling story that will leave the reader thoroughly entertained. The flaw that I noticed pales when compared to the positive aspects of the book. Every fan of fiction, particularly crime thrillers, would find this book fascinating. All Americans are encouraged to read this book to appreciate both the tragic effects of racism in their country and the honour of patriotism.

Alice In Dreamland
View: on Bookshelves
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

Oh Gosh! Pepper must die...
I need to read this book to find out more about Alice Committee. It sounds amazing. Thanks for the great review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

The story is nowhere near what I thought of after reading the title of this book. Why are these people hell-bent on destroying America? Would they be able to kill Pepper? Thanks for the great review.
Mae_031
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mae_031 »

It's great that they emphasize here the issue regarding racism. It is somehow realistic to what happened in our society today. Great Job!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This sounds like it could be true on some level. Thank you for an excellent review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Isn’t it amazing that so many prostitutes seem to unwittingly get involved in evil plots. It’s even more amazing to me how many of them figure it out. It’s almost a stereotype. Thanks for the review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Racism is a topic I would love to read more on, am adding this to my book shelves, nice review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I find the book relatable to the present society. Good review.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about the corporations' conspiracy considering that they have a lot of influence on politicians and destroying the country would mean crippling their customer base. The other elements in the novel seem more interesting, depicting American's flawed society. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Bigwig1973
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Your review raises many questions: Really, because they are racist? They actually intended to destroy the U.S., wasn't there possibly some other reason? I would have to read the book to find the answers!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”