Official Review: Twilight of Innocence by I R Craig

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Re: Official Review: Twilight of Innocence by I R Craig

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds really exciting, and I love that the characters are decently built. Thanks for the wonderful and informative review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Nqobile771 wrote: 03 May 2021, 05:52 Sometimes being stubborn help, other times it leads your right into trouble. I hope Rebecca managed to uncover some of the corruption in the island. Terrific review!
Oh yes! I didn't think of it that way. Thank you.
Yvonne Monique wrote: 03 May 2021, 16:29 Kids being raped, tortured and killed is not exactly a topic I would enjoy reading about. However, your review was very detailed and insightful, thanks.
Yes, it is a very sensitive topic. Thankfully, there were no details. Thank you though for stopping by.
MarianaFigueira wrote: 03 May 2021, 17:11 Sounds really exciting, and I love that the characters are decently built. Thanks for the wonderful and informative review.
Thank you :D
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. As a nine-year-old girl, Anna seems smart and collected. Normal children in her case would be quite panicked instead of trying to save themselves.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Sou Hi wrote: 05 May 2021, 01:22 Thanks for your interesting review. As a nine-year-old girl, Anna seems smart and collected. Normal children in her case would be quite panicked instead of trying to save themselves.
Yes! It was refreshing to see a young character act collected. Thank you for stopping by!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This sounds like an intense read. I think it would be hard for me to read about abuse to children in the manner you described, but I could imagine that this would be a compelling read. It is also too bad the story did not take more time allowing you to understand what is going on.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:06 This sounds like an intense read. I think it would be hard for me to read about abuse to children in the manner you described, but I could imagine that this would be a compelling read. It is also too bad the story did not take more time allowing you to understand what is going on.
I keep picking up books with quite a dark premise. :|
I was thankful that this book wasn't graphic or disturbing. I enjoyed it as the pace was different than my usual reads. I think if there was a bit more character development or mundane events, it would have been better; however, I understand that if time was wasted on the development, worse things would have happened to the characters. So, I understand why the author decided to keep it simple and straightforward.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

This review is both detailed and insightful. Thanks for the recommendation. I wish I have Anna's kind of courage.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Several things about this appeal to me. I love that these important topics are discussed but not explicitly. We need to bring these to light because I think they happen more often than we'd like to think. I love Taken, so this would probably be a good read for me. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

A very intriguing story this book is. Loved every bit of your review
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Saint Bruno wrote: 07 May 2021, 16:41 This review is both detailed and insightful. Thanks for the recommendation. I wish I have Anna's kind of courage.
Anna is certainly very courageous. Thank you.
kandscreeley wrote: 08 May 2021, 08:45 Several things about this appeal to me. I love that these important topics are discussed but not explicitly. We need to bring these to light because I think they happen more often than we'd like to think. I love Taken, so this would probably be a good read for me. Thanks.
I agree with you. Thank you :)
Chizioboli wrote: 08 May 2021, 16:37 A very intriguing story this book is. Loved every bit of your review
Thank you!
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

This sounds like my kind of book. I wonder if the little girl was eventually rescued or whether she rescued herself. Thank you for an amazing review. Congratulations.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Heidadela wrote: 09 May 2021, 23:09 This sounds like my kind of book. I wonder if the little girl was eventually rescued or whether she rescued herself. Thank you for an amazing review. Congratulations.
Thank you for dropping by :)
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

I don't think I'll be comfortable reading a book with such sensitive topics. Thank you for the review!
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

RayRuff wrote: 12 May 2021, 06:54
Heidadela wrote: 09 May 2021, 23:09 This sounds like my kind of book. I wonder if the little girl was eventually rescued or whether she rescued herself. Thank you for an amazing review. Congratulations.
Thank you for dropping by :)
Welcome :)
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Naaya123 wrote: 12 May 2021, 11:38 I don't think I'll be comfortable reading a book with such sensitive topics. Thank you for the review!
No worries, we all have our preferences!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”