Official Review: Healers by Brooke Reynolds

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Official Review: Healers by Brooke Reynolds

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Healers" by Brooke Reynolds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Scott Weaver finds himself stuck in purgatory. He is given the task to heal people and leave purgatory within a stipulated time or forever remain there. Scott goes about fulfilling this task, but something happens to make him suddenly retract his decision. He decides to face eternal damnation than save his soul. What made him choose this dangerous path? Will Scott ever find a way to redeem his soul? Find out in this intriguing novel.

Healers was an intriguing book from start to finish. It was so exciting and captivating that I couldn't put it down once I started reading. I remembered needing to run some errands but suspended them till I was done reading. That was how much my attention was locked on the book.

The story was told from Scott's perspective. I saw the story build to a climax. Brooke Reynolds sure has a knack for intertwining surprising details in a story. For instance, when I read the part where Scott met Mark beaten up, I assumed that he would save Mark at once. However, I was utterly blown away by what transpired. Considering the flow of events, I expected the book to end in a certain way. The shocking twist at the end kept me frozen for a couple of seconds. Apologies for being cryptic; I wouldn't want to spoil the book for you. The suspense and unexpected twists and turns were the primary reasons I found this book exciting. The author made the story so unpredictable that I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

On a final note, there were a few minor errors in the book. However, they didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book. I usually expect to encounter a plethora of mistakes in books of this kind. I was so happy to be disappointed. I commend the editors for a job well done.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found no reason to fault it. Not only was it well written and professionally edited, but it was also a unique storyline, as I've never read a book with an exact plot. I would give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, as it was such an exciting and captivating book. I would recommend the book to lovers of thriller books; there's enough thrill to keep you turning the pages. It is not suitable for a younger audience due to some sex scenes and the heavy profanity.

Healers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

Thank you for your review.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

Thank you for your review. This does sound like a unique storyline - I'm intrigued to find out why the main character chose damnation instead of heaven.
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

That sounds like a really exciting read! Even tho I haven’t read the book, it also sounds like it would make for a good tv show... Thanks for the great review!
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

Your review has done an absolute job in provoking me to add this novel to my reading list. Great review. Thank you for your hard work.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

Your review has me wanting to read this! It sounds like an exciting story. A surprise ending usually makes for a great story.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Aya El masry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Aya El masry »

Thank you for your review . I like your style in reviewing the book which makes me want to read it myself .
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

This book sounds mysterious and intriguing. I'm curious to know why Scott changed his mind regarding salvation. Your review was excellent. It has me excited and impatient to read this right now. Lol.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I am totally intrigued by your review. It really makes me want to read this book.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

The title and the cover caught my attention. It appeared to be quite interesting, but the profanity is not appealing. As it contains a lot of twists and turns and unexpected events, I expect this book will be enjoyed by those that like Thrillers. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing supernatural novel that makes me wonder how it will end for Scott. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

The cover of this book is intriguing. I am not as wild about the storyline. The sex scenes and profanity make it a definite no for me. Glad the book was edited well and you enjoyed it. Thank you for your review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”