Featured Official Review: Murder in the Marsh by Kevin Carey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Featured Official Review: Murder in the Marsh by Kevin Carey

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Murder in the Marsh" by Kevin Carey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is unfair! Sometimes, innocent people suffer for a crime they didn't commit.

Murder in the Marsh by Kevin Carey is a fast-paced crime novel that is set in the city of Revere, just outside of Boston. Eddie Delvin stepped forward in the rain from his car and into the dark marsh. Fear ran through his veins when he noticed a strange movement. Lightning flashed, and he saw a tall man with a bloody blade in his hand that he used to murder a girl. Eddie yelled at him to drop the weapon, then quickly unholstered his gun and shot him in the chest. Things turned sour for Detective Eddie when the body of the man he shot couldn't be found, and he was now the prime suspect for the murder of the girl, Michelle Letti. Could it be that Delvin encountered a ghost? Eddie was determined to prove his innocence.

Fortunately, Eddie had Dana and Gwen, loyal friends who stood by him throughout his trying time. They were indeed helpful in going the extra mile to try and solve the murder case. But will Eddie be exonerated?

Interestingly, I like that the book is concise and easy to read in a sitting. This 197-page book is fully loaded and covers crime, deceit, betrayal, rape, conspiracy, tragedy, true friendship, etc. All these features made it a fascinating read. The story is so suspenseful that it got me glued to my seat, and I bet that you wouldn't want to put the book down till the last page. When I think I have figured out what will happen next, the author comes up with something entirely different. Should I talk about the horrible and tragic experience Eddie and Gwen encountered when they went to the marsh? Sorry, I can't afford to spoil it for you.

Mr. Carey did a commendable job with the characterization. There are many characters in the book, and the good thing is that they are all relatable and unique. It was easy for me to connect with them naturally. The author's grammar is impeccable, and I learned a lot. My favorite character is Gwendolyn. She was a victim of rape, and the abuse subjected her to a wheelchair. I drew strength from her courage and willpower. Gwen didn't allow her condition to limit her because she believed in herself and refused to give up on herself.

In conclusion, I'm glad that I picked up this book to read because it didn't disappoint me. The author's sense of humor cracked me up during my read. The narration and description of events are top-notch. I happily award Murder in the Marsh a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited and has a few typos. There was nothing that I disliked about it. I am recommending this book to readers who love crime and mystery books. Due to the profanities and sexual content in it, it's unsuitable for younger readers.

Murder in the Marsh
View: on Bookshelves
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by The_Vivian »

Nice review. I always look forward to a suspense filled book and this summary just got be anxious to read this one.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

"This 197-page book is fully loaded and covers crime, deceit, betrayal, rape, conspiracy, tragedy, true friendship, etc." - that is a lot! Thank you for sharing this book.
fikribasa83
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fikribasa83 »

Good review. I always look forward to a suspense filled book and this summary just got be anxious to read this
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

Book sounds interesting. All the aspects of a perfect crime novel seem to be included, and the best part for me was that it was just 197 pages long. I will definitely give it a read. Thanks for a great review!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I'm in. If the wheelchair-bound Gwendolyn can brave the marsh, shame on me if I chicken out. Now where are those boots?
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This one is certainly a good read. Crime books are captivating, and the fact that this one is well written is already a plus. Thanks for such an insightful review 👌
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing crime thriller full of suspense that keeps the readers' attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Tonze »

This sound to be interesting read, your review captured my attention and since I am fun of crime thriller and mystery novels , I am curious to know what happened to Eddie if he has proven His innocence .Thanks for the nice review
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

I have no doubt this book is interesting, I mean, I was captivated right from the first paragraph of your review. Great job!

I'd really like to know how this book ended... I hope Eddie was exonerated.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

What an interesting read and seemingly suspenseful. I hope that things go well for Eddie. Great review!
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

Sounds like an intriguing story with a good element of humor. would definitely love to give it a read. Thank you for a well written review
Country_bumkins_2019

Post by Country_bumkins_2019 »

This book had me on the edge of my seat every time I had it solved in my head it would completely different it would have another piece but it was a good book
CGO
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CGO »

I am a big fan of mystery books. I do hope Eddie is vindicated. Thanks for your review.
veronicah199

Post by veronicah199 »

i love the suspense its amaizing it make s you want to read more and more

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”