Official Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz [2020 Book of the Year, based on your votes!]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Re: Official Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz [2020 Book of the Year, based on your votes!]

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Characters like Joan Chandler are tricky to develop. The fact that the author was able to the reader's perception of her change means that she is multifaceted. Thanks for your great review.
athurst123
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athurst123.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by athurst123 »

I can now see why this book got enough votes to be the 2020 book of the year! Your review was wonderful. The book sounds thrilling and suspenseful.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

This book sure sounds intriguing. A tale of family and what they'd do for each other, irrespective of if anyone gets hurt in the process. It'll sure be a thrill to read this book. Thanks for a detailed review
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Alhiza23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alhiza23.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by Alhiza23 »

Wow! This book sounds so great for mysteries are many. I want to try reading it since I like crime and mysteries stories
Vogan
Favorite Author: L.J Smith
Currently Reading: Fatal Flaws
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vogan.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
fav_author_id: 4017

Post by Vogan »

I love mystery thrillers, especially ones that are hard to decipher early on. Thanks for this informative review. :)
MndflMonk
Currently Reading: At the Feet of Serenity
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by MndflMonk »

The book's title and cover caught my eye but your review grabbed me, threw me in my favorite reading chair and hit me over the head with the book! I can't wait to read it now. All the drama and characters are so exciting sounding. Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm sold!
The Reading Dutchman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-reading-dutchman.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by The Reading Dutchman »

This review is amazingly written, it has a great introductory sentence, some great variations in sentence lengths, and almost reads like a story itself! I love your analysis as well, it flows logically and explains your reasoning for what you liked about it perfectly. Explaining how the author ensured the length of the book did not feel to long is also a nice touch. I would have loved to know if there was anything at all that bothered you, and if so, if it was simply outweighed by all the good you mentioned. Again, I am inspired by this review, well done!
Ben716
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ben716 »

Wow, the novel sounds an interesting as an interesting read. Saved it in my shelf. I can't wait to have a grab of it in some few weeks.
mohee alnjar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mohee alnjar »

This looks like it will suck you up! It's nice to know that the 500-page commitment is worth it. In a society where we are constantly getting information faster and faster. Great review!
simo12
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by simo12 »

I just finished reading the book, I must say the author did a good job, thank you also for a well detailed review bravo
rasmuxita1
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by rasmuxita1 »

:o :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: I really love this type of books, and this one sounds absolutely amazing, the drama and suspense, just wow, to loose myself reading nonstop, i keep a list of books that i want to read, and this one just made it to the next book to read, i considered myself a bookworm, and read book after book, and of course keep track of all the books i have read.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I can't wait to read this book and solve the mystery of Rachel Chandler's disappearance together with detective Jack Kendall and his assistant. The book seems like a great mix between a family drama and a mystery novel. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This book sounds exciting! I like how there’s so much going on and the reader has to piece it together. I’m glad the book flowed at a good pace, considering it’s length. I will check this book out! Thank you for your thorough review.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

Great review. The book is such a thriller! The story sounds really interesting. Family drama and crime this sounds great! I'd love to read this book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”