Official Review: The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Official Review: The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes" by T.L.Goss.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Looking for a jaw-dropping thriller? You have come to the right place! Sharif Odell and Felicia Garcia were childhood friends with Teeter Barnes. As the years went on, life took the three of them in different directions. However, Teeter brought them all back together but the circumstances were unordinary. He kidnapped Sharif and Felicia so they could write a book about the murders he committed. The suspense of The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes doesn’t stop at the kidnapping and murderous tales, in fact, it is just the beginning.

The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes deserves a 4 out of 4 for so many reasons. First, the plot of this story is an absolute page-turner. Once I opened this book, I could not put it down. I completed it in just a couple of days. It was so intriguing, and I just wanted to know how it would end! Also, the book description mentioned readers would want to strike up conversations with their friends about this story. That statement couldn’t be more accurate. I have been talking about this book since I began reading it.

Second, I enjoyed the style of writing. The story is told through 4 different perspectives: Sharif Odell, Felicia Garcia, Teeter Barnes, and Patrice Ford. Each person had their own story and viewpoint. Sharif and Felicia shared the kidnapping experience but their journeys couldn’t have been more different. As for Patrice, she was hired as Felicia’s attorney but struggled to believe that she was innocent. She relied on hard facts to determine if Felicia was involved in Teeter’s murder spree. It was fascinating to read her perspective on the events that transpired. Finally, Teeter’s portion was brief but interesting. His chapters allow the reader to get a sense of his mental state and how troubled he was. They created the necessary backstory to make this tale believable.

Lastly, the conclusion of the story was perfect. It ended at just the right time and there wasn’t a single question left unanswered. In fact, the author decided to include an epilogue, which wrapped the entire story in a nice package and sealed it with a bow.

I would recommend this thrilling story to crime and suspense lovers. I would not recommend this book to a younger audience. There is violence, abuse and some sexual content mentioned. No surprise there since this is an autobiography of a killer! Also, there were a few errors noted but nothing that distracted me from the storyline.

The Autobiography of Teeter Barnes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

Thanks for the review. This sounds like a great crime and suspense novel. I think I would really enjoy reading this one.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Kidnapping and murder and multiple perspectives! This one sounds like a gem for sure. Thank you for providing your honest insights and impressions of this title!
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Oh. This is a neat crime novel. The concept is interesting because it leaves room for our narrators to be a bit unreliable without leaning into the unbelievable, and I like that the author ties everything up nicely.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This sounds like a really intese thriller. I'm particularly intrigued by the choice of perspectives. Thank you for your interesting review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

Kidnapping, murder tales and more? Sounds like a book that i would be very interested in. Thanks for the excellent review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”