Official Review: Murder City by Dan Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Re: Official Review: Murder City by Dan Martin

Post by Juliet+1 »

Wow! Great review! And the book sounds pretty exciting too. I didn't recognize the author's name at first, but I've read "Atonement to a Greater God" and loved it. :D
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Juliet+1 wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 23:22 Wow! Great review! And the book sounds pretty exciting too. I didn't recognize the author's name at first, but I've read "Atonement to a Greater God" and loved it. :D
Thanks!! So when “Atonement to a Greater God” showed up as BOTD, I gave it a chance and really enjoyed it too, so I went ahead and voluntarily left an Amazon review to try and be helpful. Anyway, Martin found me on Twitter and thanked me, and so when I saw this one pop up as available for review, I was excited to think I could actually read a “hot off the press” new release from an author I was already familiar with! 😄 Anyway, the comments have led me to believe that the gruesome content might not be a great fit for many readers, but I think you’d love this one as well!
Kathleen Wolfe
Favorite Book: The Hour Game
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

I normally go for any book under the C/T/M/H category but no matter how interesting this one sounds I feel it might be a bit too much for me, so I think I'll pass on this one. Thank you for your lovely review. :D
AvidBibliophile

Kathleen Wolfe wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:10 I normally go for any book under the C/T/M/H category but no matter how interesting this one sounds I feel it might be a bit too much for me, so I think I'll pass on this one. Thank you for your lovely review. :D
I understand completely and appreciate your honesty! It's quite the complex story with so many layers and juicy tidbits woven in, but that's why I went with so much detail in the review - in hopes prospective readers could feel fully prepared/forewarned. I think I'm a little desensitized to some of the topics because I've heard many horrifying accounts from psychiatric patients firsthand, so knowing this was fiction, it felt easily approachable (but it's definitely not for the faint of heart)! Thanks for stopping by :techie-studyingbrown:
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

I’ve been enjoying books told from multiple perspectives lately. There’s many dark themes in this book but the premise sounds interesting. I haven’t had a chance to read Martin’s other book but it sounded good too. Thanks for the great review!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A serial killer lurks within the darkest recesses of a urban river valley and stealthily emerges to terrorize the citizen looks like a thrilling story. Hope the book was quite engaging enough.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
AvidBibliophile

Everydayadventure15 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 10:25 I’ve been enjoying books told from multiple perspectives lately. There’s many dark themes in this book but the premise sounds interesting. I haven’t had a chance to read Martin’s other book but it sounded good too. Thanks for the great review!
Dark themes indeed... ominous, murky, convoluted derangement! The different perspectives were a really neat and unexpected aspect. Hope you get the chance to read one of his stories! Thanks for reading and commenting.
AvidBibliophile

sanjus wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 01:49 A serial killer lurks within the darkest recesses of a urban river valley and stealthily emerges to terrorize the citizen looks like a thrilling story. Hope the book was quite engaging enough.
Both thrilling and engaging like you can’t even imagine! I really enjoyed this one, thanks for coming by to comment.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A fictional book with several relatable themes such as adolescence suicide, childhood sexual abuse etc. It sounds very emotional but educational. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
AvidBibliophile

Julius_ wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 03:12 A fictional book with several relatable themes such as adolescence suicide, childhood sexual abuse etc. It sounds very emotional but educational. Thanks for the review.
Emotionally-charged, yet thoroughly entertaining. It was quite the complex tale! Thanks for coming by to read and comment.
lala5241
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lala5241 »

As soon as I saw the title I knew I was intrested and this sounds like a great book and i honestly I live for a thriller
AvidBibliophile

lala5241 wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 01:34 As soon as I saw the title I knew I was intrested and this sounds like a great book and i honestly I live for a thriller
You’d definitely enjoy this one then! Hope you get a chance to read it soon. Thanks for reading and commenting :)
Jacob1502883
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jacob1502883 »

I think that Dan Martin is a great book writer and I hope to read more of his books, everything that I have read about this book is amazing it has so much in it that just pulls the reader in as they read it. I would truly recomend this book to all of my family and friends. If there was a rating on this book it would have to be at least a 50 out of 10.
AvidBibliophile

Jacob1502883 wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 21:07 I think that Dan Martin is a great book writer and I hope to read more of his books, everything that I have read about this book is amazing it has so much in it that just pulls the reader in as they read it. I would truly recomend this book to all of my family and friends. If there was a rating on this book it would have to be at least a 50 out of 10.
I'm certainly a fan on Martin's novels too, and I hope you get the chance to read some of his other books as well! Glad to hear this one affected us in similarly positive ways. Appreciate you stopping by to read and comment!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”