Official Review: The Other Gloria by L. A. Villafane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jyockel08
Currently Reading: EMP honeymoon: kelly & tom
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jyockel08.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: The Other Gloria by L. A. Villafane

Post by Jyockel08 »

Wow, I’m really intrigued after your review. It’s a way I’ve never thought of this concept playing out before, waking up back in the abusive relationship. I’m might need to give this a read soon.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Jyockel08 wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 10:51 Wow, I’m really intrigued after your review. It’s a way I’ve never thought of this concept playing out before, waking up back in the abusive relationship. I’m might need to give this a read soon.
This was one of the things that intrigued me about this book. I love the unique spin the author puts on this kind of relationship. She leads readers to look at it from a whole new perspective. Hope you enjoy Gloria's story. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Bambiears
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bambiears.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Bambiears »

Whew! what a story line. it is so thrilling that the reveiw has you on the edge of your seat. Good job and thank you so much for a well written reveiw.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Bambiears wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 11:18 Whew! what a story line. it is so thrilling that the reveiw has you on the edge of your seat. Good job and thank you so much for a well written reveiw.
Thanks for your kind words. Since you enjoyed the review, you will love the book!
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Wow, this seems like a really intriguing plot. I'd love to read this one. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

rumik wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 14:36 Wow, this seems like a really intriguing plot. I'd love to read this one. Thanks for the review!
The author kept me glued to the pages! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

The scenes of abuse would be depressing. I feel so much for women and men who have to go through that. The book definitely sounds intriguing. I loved your review; it definitely made me want to read the book! Thanks for your recommendation
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Prisallen wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 09:24 The scenes of abuse would be depressing. I feel so much for women and men who have to go through that. The book definitely sounds intriguing. I loved your review; it definitely made me want to read the book! Thanks for your recommendation
I agree. There are sections that portray strong events. I do find it inspiring to read about how abused people are able to find the strength to leave or overcome these kind of situations. The author also told this story from an interesting perspective, which added to the intrigue. I hope you will be inspired, too. Thanks for commenting!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds intriguing for the fans of C/T/M/H genre. I'm not in this one, but you wonderfully portrayed the storyline. Thanks for this well-rounded review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 00:07 The book sounds intriguing for the fans of C/T/M/H genre. I'm not in this one, but you wonderfully portrayed the storyline. Thanks for this well-rounded review.
It was an intriguing story, indeed. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate you time and your kind and encouraging words.
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Is the past a hallucination? Or is something else happening here that the reader isn't privy to until the times meet up? It's an utterly fascinating concept, if I do say so myself, but not one I'd be sure of until I saw the execution.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Nisha Ward wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 16:15 Is the past a hallucination? Or is something else happening here that the reader isn't privy to until the times meet up? It's an utterly fascinating concept, if I do say so myself, but not one I'd be sure of until I saw the execution.
You would enjoy this story with its unique format! This book is aerobics for the brain!! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for commenting.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”