Official Review: Chopped by Bip Wetherell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: Chopped by Bip Wetherell

Post by danielleamy »

Cotwani wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 11:24 Sounds like an interesting read. I like mysteries and action, especially where I can't figure out the villain and the ending comes as a surprise. It's unfortunate about the editing errors, though.
I'd say you'd enjoy reading this by the sounds of it. Thanks for reading and commenting Cotwani
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

The action/mystery genre isn't one of my interests. The book sounds like it will be intriguing for those who like that genre though. With Steve encountering adversity at every turn it doesn't sound like there's any dearth of action! Thanks for the review!
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I usually refrain from reading such books, because of no to the technical terms and incomprehensible jargon! I'm glad it wasn't an issue in this book though. It's sad the author skipped out on editing while rushing to end the book. Great review :)
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Kelyn wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 20:59 The action/mystery genre isn't one of my interests. The book sounds like it will be intriguing for those who like that genre though. With Steve encountering adversity at every turn it doesn't sound like there's any dearth of action! Thanks for the review!
It's not a boring one, I can guarantee. Thanks for reading!
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Fuzaila wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 10:04 I usually refrain from reading such books, because of no to the technical terms and incomprehensible jargon! I'm glad it wasn't an issue in this book though. It's sad the author skipped out on editing while rushing to end the book. Great review :)
I didn't think I would be interested in that side of the story either. So I was surprised to find it all quite interesting! The author did a great job. Thank you for the comment :)
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

Its good to know that you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the great review.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

The further I got into your review, the more interested I became in this book. Action and mystery are right up my alley, so I'll definitely check this out. Great review!
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Daniel_ wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 00:41 Its good to know that you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the great review.
Mbrooks2518 wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 02:32 The further I got into your review, the more interested I became in this book. Action and mystery are right up my alley, so I'll definitely check this out. Great review!
Thank you both for taking the time to read and comment!
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Chopped sounds interesting. I like when the author keeps you guessing the whole time and the solution to the mystery is not too obvious. I also appreciate when the author uses their life experience or does thorough research to add to the credibility of the information they share. I don’t know anything about helicopters so I’m sure to learn a few things from reading this book! Thanks for the review!
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Everydayadventure15 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 20:45 Chopped sounds interesting. I like when the author keeps you guessing the whole time and the solution to the mystery is not too obvious. I also appreciate when the author uses their life experience or does thorough research to add to the credibility of the information they share. I don’t know anything about helicopters so I’m sure to learn a few things from reading this book! Thanks for the review!
The author definitely keeps things interesting in this one! I was pleasantly surprised by what I learned too. I hope you enjoy it if you do pick it up. Thanks for reading!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Glad to see that the book has many twists and turns which are what I like and enjoy most about books. Thanks for the well-written review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

It's very easy for an author to get lost on the technical details, especially if it's a topic they're very familiar with, so I'm glad to know it's not the case here. This novel almost sounds like an absolute must-read for fans of action and mystery, but the poor editing prevents it from being truly excellent. Thanks for the review!
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Kibetious wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 06:54 Glad to see that the book has many twists and turns which are what I like and enjoy most about books. Thanks for the well-written review.
That's what I love most too! Thanks for stopping by :)
danielleamy

Post by danielleamy »

Tomah wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 07:29 It's very easy for an author to get lost on the technical details, especially if it's a topic they're very familiar with, so I'm glad to know it's not the case here. This novel almost sounds like an absolute must-read for fans of action and mystery, but the poor editing prevents it from being truly excellent. Thanks for the review!
You're right on both counts! I'd love to give it full stars based on content alone. Thanks for the comment!
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a really exciting book, and I love that the ending is perfect for the story. Great review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”