Official Review: Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Re: Official Review: Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman

Post by Aan Granados »

I hope the author fix the grammatical errors. This sounds like an enjoyable book. I would skim the sexual encounters too as it gets tiring. Thank you for your review!
Doctor shahzad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Doctor shahzad »

It is the story of nursing character but little bit angry with the system earlier. Later romance covers the story as husband wife character within the family.slight mismatching with cover page , i think editor or writer can improve by adding little suspense or by improving carryover linkages between story parts.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Between its historical backdrop, excellent character development, romance, and the labeled crime and mystery genre, it looks like this book has a bit of everything.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

I think this is an interesting book to read. I like crime and mystery books, as well as romance novels, so this is both of the genres I like in one book! Also, I have a soft spot for nurses because my sister is one, therefore I am interested in Samantha's character.
OliviaLouise
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivialouise.html
Latest Review: Pipo's Flag by Vic Cabrera

Post by OliviaLouise »

Thanks to the reviewer for clarifying that this isn’t a ghost story! I’m curious whether the author has any feedback on how she chose to characterize the Walkers.
Alasse
Currently Reading:

Post by Alasse »

Thanks for the great review. I agree that the cover is misleading, and before I read your review I thought that it was going to be a story about the supernatural. Sounds like a great book but with a bit too much romance for my taste.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Samantha sounds like a strong character to get fired over a confrontation with an "arrogant, incompetent" doctor. She will find herself in another battle, as she sides with TJ to protect the Civil War battlefield near Franklin, Tennessee. It is good to know that the author used good descriptions of characters and environments. I like that there are twists, action, and drama.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

First the cover page makes the book seems like a horror novel. However, this book is mixture of romance, mystery, and crime. The two main characters, Samantha (a nurse) and T.J. (a professor), are well plotted. I like the fact that the story line is engaging and full of suspense. Thanks for the review!
dicktl

Post by dicktl »

“Hallowed Ground” by Cindy Ziperman

This is quick easy read. You are able to engage as soon as you start with Chapter One. You feel the emotion of the character and the other subjects immediately. Very hard to put down from the moment you begin until the end.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Based on the plot, it seems like a good book. The characters as well, especially Samantha, are likable and well-written. The stereotypes, however, might be because of the time setting, but then again, it depends on the author as well. Thanks for the review.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jillrosey

Post by Jillrosey »

First wondering the cover looks like a ghost novel, but after reading, it sound great, the first paragraph of the story make me put in more interest, a strong woman like (Samantha) shouldn't have been under the spell" of T.J, Yah, it compile of mystery, romance and crime scene, Amazing work..... Love it
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I would have thought that this was a ghost story as well just by looking at the cover. I'm not too happy that the author used stereotypes, but it's nice that she includes little details in facial expressions. Nice review.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

What's drawing me to this book is the character of Samantha. I like the fact that she is not the type to be afraid to counter incompetence in the medical field where she works. Nice review.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting crime/mystery novel with good character development and a well constructed plot. Well done.
san_me55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by san_me55 »

Hallowed Ground by Cindy Ziperman is a awesome book with mystery, romance, crime. There is certain excitement while reading it. The main character samantha makes the book attentive. A well mannered disciplined woman lost her temper and argues infront of mass. Overall awesome book. :oops: :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”