Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire" (Book 4 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire" (Book 4 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire (Book 4 of 6) by Matthew Tysz.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.

* You need to read the book to comment.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I actually had an awesome read here. Filled with intrigue and intensity, the book doesn't fail to carry the anticipation of the readers onto the next one as well. I enjoyed the idea of Meldorath destroying the mighty Chalethire in one go. I didn't like the cliffhanger in the end. I recommend this book to fantasy fanatics out there.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. The plot was great but somehow I felt that this was what I was expecting. I wanted to see Galen as a protagonist in this book, but he had a very little part to play. But still it was a good read.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

4 out of 4 of course :) I loved this book from the beginning to the very end. The description of Chalethire was outstanding, that golden army was really impressive! Meldorath's final move and his mourn over the lost friend lost me speechless. A must-read to all fantasy genre fans.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

I am not quite sure I liked how the character, Galen played out. Generally the book is interesting and well edited. 4 out of 4 is my rate.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

Chiawa wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 17:28 I am not quite sure I liked how the character, Galen played out. Generally the book is interesting and well edited. 4 out of 4 is my rate.
I don't think Galen has gotten enough shine for most of the series so far, I'd agree that I think we need more growth from the character.

The new characters were interesting and having the addition of a female character made me wonder the direction the plot would head in.

Overall, I think this one felt more like a transition book rather than a standalone.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I enjoyed this read, just like the previous books, and finished it in no time. However, I do find the books a bit too short and as a consequence, I believe that some characters (Galen, Beth) do not receive enough protagonism.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I think it's one of the best in this series. There was so much unexpectedness and a light dose of romance, what could I ask more of the author?! lol

I have rated it 4 out of 4 stars and I would definitely recommend it to someone who has read the previous 3 books. Galen's progress as a hero is very slow, and as there will be 9 books in this series, it's only to be expected that we won't see much of Galen's potential just yet, and I would really love for every reader to know that there's more to Galen than his apparent naivety.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Shahina C A
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shahina-c-a.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Shahina C A »

I read this one because of the previous books. But in my opinion previous once were the best. So I give it a 3 out of 4 stars rating
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Leyla Ann wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 13:31 I think it's one of the best in this series. There was so much unexpectedness and a light dose of romance, what could I ask more of the author?! lol

I have rated it 4 out of 4 stars and I would definitely recommend it to someone who has read the previous 3 books. Galen's progress as a hero is very slow, and as there will be 9 books in this series, it's only to be expected that we won't see much of Galen's potential just yet, and I would really love for every reader to know that there's more to Galen than his apparent naivety.
I agree with you 100%. This was my favorite book of the series so far (yet to read the rest). I love the progress of the characters. I feel like I am getting to know them slowly. There are no sudden changes, which I appreciate.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire (Book 4 of 6)”