SOD

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

SOD

Post by Fasmin »

Rowan killed the demon Sod more or less easily. And yet Demetrius spent an entire book trying to do the same and ended up freeing an entire army of demons.

I realize it probably happened that way because Tsyz wanted the story to go that way. But all the same, did it have to be that hard? Couldn't Sod have been killed and Virko saved from the state it's now in?
What do you think?
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: Rivers of the Black Moon by Andrew Goliszek
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 115%

Post by John Owen »

Fasmin wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 01:52 Rowan killed the demon Sod more or less easily. And yet Demetrius spent an entire book trying to do the same and ended up freeing an entire army of demons.

I realize it probably happened that way because Tsyz wanted the story to go that way. But all the same, did it have to be that hard? Couldn't Sod have been killed and Virko saved from the state it's now in?
What do you think?
I agree. I think it was meant to heighten the crisis. It's also a wonderful twist since Demetrius, being a monk and a mage, was most likely the one to kill the Demon. However, it's the opposite and Rowan who is nothing but an archer becomes the unlikely hero here.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Folcro »

Sod had to be "unbound" in order to be killed permanently. Demetrius accomplished this, but did not have the chance to kill him as Sod's army stampeded past him. Rowan caught Sod unbounded and alone, and caught him by surprise.
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

Folcro wrote: 11 May 2021, 04:10 Sod had to be "unbound" in order to be killed permanently. Demetrius accomplished this, but did not have the chance to kill him as Sod's army stampeded past him. Rowan caught Sod unbounded and alone, and caught him by surprise.
Ooh. I think I get it. Demetrius did have the skill and everything but got neither the luck nor the right circumstances. But Rowan had the skills paired with the perfect circumstances and luck. Thanks.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

That will be exactly how the author had wanted the story to turn out. We should follow what author wanted us to see. Rowan killing demon Sod is ok, and it brings suspense and surprise as to why it won't be Demetrious but Rowan
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ZhanLu »

Folcro wrote: 11 May 2021, 04:10 Sod had to be "unbound" in order to be killed permanently. Demetrius accomplished this, but did not have the chance to kill him as Sod's army stampeded past him. Rowan caught Sod unbounded and alone, and caught him by surprise.
Oh, you just explained the book in such a short paragraph. Well done, I approve. <33 I read this book long back and now I am feeling a bit nostalgic. I love my boys; Galen, Rowan and Demetrius. (I also love Meldorath, but let's keep it a secret)
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

gusulansect wrote: 18 May 2022, 19:37
Oh, you just explained the book in such a short paragraph. Well done, I approve. <33 I read this book long back and now I am feeling a bit nostalgic. I love my boys; Galen, Rowan and Demetrius. (I also love Meldorath, but let's keep it a secret)
Do you know that that's the author of the book that you just replied to? :)
– John Green
ZhanLu
Currently Reading:

Post by ZhanLu »

Fasmin wrote: 21 May 2022, 03:12
gusulansect wrote: 18 May 2022, 19:37
Do you know that that's the author of the book that you just replied to? :)
OH. MY. GOD. NO WAY??? OH NO- OH DEAR. NOW I AM PANICKING, ALRIGHT! Be right back, let me dig a hole and hide inside. I can't show my face- I am blushing!! I love and support you, Author >~<`` I am so sorry! TT_TT
ZhanLu
Currently Reading:

Post by ZhanLu »

Thank you for writing such an amazing book! I am sorry I couldn't recognise the author of my favourite book, I am always just a tad bit too excited when it comes to my boys and Meldorath ofcourse, haha. TT_TT
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Folcro »

gusulansect wrote: 21 May 2022, 16:23 Thank you for writing such an amazing book! I am sorry I couldn't recognise the author of my favourite book, I am always just a tad bit too excited when it comes to my boys and Meldorath ofcourse, haha. TT_TT
It sounds like you're the kind of fan I would be nothing without. Your application of the word "nastolgic" made my day. Don't forget, there are five more books in this series available for review here, and the seventh book recently came out on Amazon. Two more to go!
ZhanLu
Currently Reading:

Post by ZhanLu »

Folcro wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 17:06
gusulansect wrote: 21 May 2022, 16:23 Thank you for writing such an amazing book! I am sorry I couldn't recognise the author of my favourite book, I am always just a tad bit too excited when it comes to my boys and Meldorath ofcourse, haha. TT_TT
It sounds like you're the kind of fan I would be nothing without. Your application of the word "nastolgic" made my day. Don't forget, there are five more books in this series available for review here, and the seventh book recently came out on Amazon. Two more to go!
Oh my god? Am I dreaming?? Did the author of We Are Voulhire just reply to me? Mr. Tysz, I truly enjoyed reading three of your books from the series We Are Voulhire, and I am truly excited to read more about the coming adventures of my boys! I'll definitely check out the seventh book! A total of nine books?! Thank You so much for your hardwork, author! We love, appreciate and support you! :)

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”