Galen's background

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Re: Galen's background

Post by Leyla Ann »

His progress as the main character seems to be very slow, but I'm pretty sure he does fit the task pretty well.

I would love to have more information about his background.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
jardenjarden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jardenjarden.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by jardenjarden »

I thought the reveal about his brutal beatings and his insane fighting skills was really interesting. I also really enjoyed the descriptions of his family, his brother was a jerk for sure and it seemed fairly obvious that because of how wrought with war and misery the Land of the Princes were, his relationship with his family was bound to be borderline non-existent. I definitely think that by adding all of the background, we got more depth from Galen and he was definitely a much more "flavorful" character.
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

Galen new character makes him the center of the novel, it alright ,everyone has that one dark side we don't want to reveal. He made the book more intresting
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 14:01 What do you think about Galen's new revealed background? Is he up to the task of being the main character of the series?
I was so anxious to find out more about him, because he was just too bland in the first book. He is a fighter, but we also discover his dark side.

Oh, I didn't expect to see Galen Bray fighting. And I certainly didn't expect the response from those nightynights creatures after Galen unleashed his true abilities. I think Galen is set up to be more in Voulhire. I think he is much more that we can ever realise. And I want to be here and experiencing these other sides of Galen.
Sue_neth_ak
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sue-neth-ak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sue_neth_ak »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 14:01 What do you think about Galen's new revealed background? Is he up to the task of being the main character of the series?
I was so anxious to find out more about him, because he was just too bland in the first book. He is a fighter, but we also discover his dark side.
Galen has a lot of potential as one of the main characters in the series. His dark past is probably something that will make him stronger in the coming books. I guess that further proves his potential and role in the series. I enjiyed his narration the most and without doubt I had already considered him the main character unconsciously.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

Getting a glimpse of Galen's past was very interesting and exciting for me because he was bland and boring. I think we will see a lot more of Galen's dark-side in the next installments as Voulhire continues to fall apart and Galen feels the need to defend the people he cares about more. This fighting side of him adds a much need dimension to his character and will only continue to grow.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I was so excited to read a bit about his past! How he learned how to defend himself was interesting. But I also like how we read about his family members. His cousin, I believe, does not sound like he deserved to go to Voulhire. I am glad Galen was the one to go. Yes, he is naive, but he seems to be growing so much. I feel like a proud mom haha!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Galen is perfect main character. I am glad that in this third book, the author finally showed that he had a dark side. In the first and second book, Galen had been portrayed as someone who never had a dark side. I look forward to reading the fourth book yo see the impact of Galen's dark side.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

I quite expected that he had some fighting skills considering where he came from before Voulhire. I imagined that the people in the Lands of the Princes will be mostly cruel, rough, and unethical, which was later confirmed. Considering the depressing lifestyle in the Princes, it's very delightful to see that he's still kind, gentle, and respectful. Truly an example that you can live for years in an environment and still come out unconformable.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

There's still a lot of time left to know whether he will rise up to that challenge. Matthew may add some interesting aspects of his character later on. For instance when Galen did that magic trick with Lord Folcro in the previous book. Maybe he'll have magic powers just like other mages. What we can hope for is that he will be the main protagonist in this tale. I personally hope he does.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

Galen certainly is a great character and seem promising. He is the typical 'Hollywood nice guy' and thus might turn out to be a flaw in the society that he lives. Then again thus could be a blessing as he can easily be seen as a people person. All in all Galen Onita is a great character.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I'm not confused wether Galen is becoming the main character or. I think there is something special about him in the book. He has been developing from being an innocent that was just learning to becoming a fighter. The development is normal, as it is true that after one get enough experience of a place one becomes stronger, and one's real intension and purpose becomees obvious.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Galen is a main character in this book. Probably, from the way his role develops and evolving, it is likely to become more obvious that he is one of the major characters in the book. This is true as far human development concern
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

All protagonist should have a background. It gives profundity to the character. I think it's a good thing to a person to have: a good and a bad side.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”