Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Will Eiodi Ganesh return

Post by Fasmin »

In the book, Eiodi Ganesh only vanished. And Meldorath seemed to say that he was sending the Eiodi to Caromentis.

What do you think, is the Eiodi really dead or could he be alive? Is there still hope that the Eiodi will return for us? If yes, then do you think he will?
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Well, since he just vanished, he's most likely alive. And then he would return when he feels like it. But personally, I don't think Eiodi Ganesh's role contributes much to the story. I feel like people need him because he can give them what they want, and not because they really love him. His Vilendrian guards not only brought Ganesh his defeat but also did not react when Meldorath banished him. And it doesn't look like anyone would try to seek revenge against Meldorath on his behalf either. Therefore, it makes no difference whether Ganesh comes back or not. Even if he does, he will probably just continue to be a figurehead.
Muvokav
Favorite Book: The Sky is Everywhere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muvokav.html
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing

Post by Muvokav »

Well, since he just vanished, he's most likely alive. He will probably return when he feels like it. But personally, I don't think Eiodi Ganesh's role contributes much to the story. Thus whether he returns or not it won't change my view and general enjoyment of the book.
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

Sou Hi wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 07:41 Well, since he just vanished, he's most likely alive. And then he would return when he feels like it. But personally, I don't think Eiodi Ganesh's role contributes much to the story. I feel like people need him because he can give them what they want, and not because they really love him. His Vilendrian guards not only brought Ganesh his defeat but also did not react when Meldorath banished him. And it doesn't look like anyone would try to seek revenge against Meldorath on his behalf either. Therefore, it makes no difference whether Ganesh comes back or not. Even if he does, he will probably just continue to be a figurehead.
I don't think he'll be able to come back whenever he wants though. Meldorath wouldn't make things nearly as easy as that. Personally, I think he'll find it near impossible considering how hard it was for Beth to get out of there as well as the fact that he needs to find a portal.

And I felt like he had a pretty important role. He was the only person that had started catching a whiff of what Meldorath was up to and I also think it's at least a sub-point for him being targeted by Meldorath. I don't know if all his coworkers or clergy or whoever loved him but I know at least some did(like Demi ). And the people of Yamon Soul and other believers, as well as the king did love him for a fact.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes, only Demi would stand up against Meldorath for Ganesh, and he is the only one who would openly do that. I wouldn't want to give spoilers, but I've seen how the Vilendrians and Ganesh's subordinates show their loyal to Meldorath in the sequels.
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

Sou Hi wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 20:03 Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes, only Demi would stand up against Meldorath for Ganesh, and he is the only one who would openly do that. I wouldn't want to give spoilers, but I've seen how the Vilendrians and Ganesh's subordinates show their loyal to Meldorath in the sequels.
Jeez, I thought at least Bartrus would be loyal to the eiodi. Guess I shouldn't speak too soon.
And thank you for replying.
– John Green
abudaniel28
Favorite Book: Masters and Bastards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abudaniel28.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by abudaniel28 »

Even if the Eiodi Ganesh comes back, which I doubt, I can't even imagine what his role might be, considering that Meldorath has a much bigger purpose and Demi is a much more exciting opponent to Lord Meldorath.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:

Post by Sou Hi »

Fasmin wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 09:31
Sou Hi wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 20:03 Thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes, only Demi would stand up against Meldorath for Ganesh, and he is the only one who would openly do that. I wouldn't want to give spoilers, but I've seen how the Vilendrians and Ganesh's subordinates show their loyal to Meldorath in the sequels.
Jeez, I thought at least Bartrus would be loyal to the eiodi. Guess I shouldn't speak too soon.
And thank you for replying.
At least there's still Demetrius who genuinely cares about Gadesh :). Which is why I like this young man even more. Once he is loyal to someone, he will try his best to care for them.
Fasmin
Currently Reading:

Post by Fasmin »

abudaniel28 wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 14:05 Even if the Eiodi Ganesh comes back, which I doubt, I can't even imagine what his role might be, considering that Meldorath has a much bigger purpose and Demi is a much more exciting opponent to Lord Meldorath.
I felt like his role in this series was finding things about Meldorath which would eventually thwart his plans. So, unless someone else gets wind of this there is a role for the Eiodi Ganesh.
– John Green
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by khaulah »

Fasmin wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 06:07 In the book, Eiodi Ganesh only vanished. And Meldorath seemed to say that he was sending the Eiodi to Caromentis.

What do you think, is the Eiodi really dead or could he be alive? Is there still hope that the Eiodi will return for us? If yes, then do you think he will?
Considering the tone of the book, I feel it highly unlikely that he will. But then, Matthew Tysz's penchant to shock the readers makes me think that Eiodi gadesh might make an entry somewhere later in the series.
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

The Eiodi is probably still alive. I don't think the story needs him anymore, therefore I doubt his return.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I think Eiodi Ganesh is still alive but it will be hard for him to return. And i think he is an important character as he is the one who started to guess the actual motives of Meldorath.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

I think he is still alive, but can't help wondering how caromentis is treating him. I hope that he returns later in the series. That will add a thrill to the story.
Muladan
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muladan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Muladan »

In respect to the author's writing style, I think eiodi Ganesh will return. The author always kills his characters when he thinks they are dispensable but the eiodi is only made to disappear.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I think he will return. There has to be a reason why he vanished instead of being killed. I don't think we will see him anytime soon but I think he will have a significant role in Meldorath related things.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”